Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem I'm having is whenever I enable Vsync in game, which I have to do because I cant stand screen tearing, the framerate halves to whatever refresh rate I'm running, if I set the monitor to 110hz, the game will be locked at 55hz unless I disable vsync, if I set the monitor to 100 hz, it locks it at 50, 116 hz locks it at 58, I know vsync usually halves the framerate if it cant keep up but this is different, it will never go above those lower framerates, even with every option on low and looking at the ground, unless i disable vsync, i can confirm the framerate by using radeonpro, even using dynamic vsync enabled in radeonpro and vsync disabled in game, it will never go above the half of whatever HZ the monitor is set to, i even formatted my win8 system and reinstalled windows 7 helping that would fix the problem, but no dice. I've tried triple buffering, limiting hte framerate to 1 or 2 fps below the refresh rate and then enableing vsync, it will still half my framerate to whatever its set to, this wouldn't be a problem if my catleap could reach 240hz ;p cuz then I could just deal with the 120fps

·
Registered
986 Posts
Maybe it's a Xfire issue? Which driver are you using? Also, have you tried removing a card or disbaling crossfire and seing what happens with just one, would point out if it is a config issue or xfire issue.

Cance that, Just re read your post, I assume without VSync then it will run at however many frames it can deliver?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

Maybe it's a Xfire issue? Which driver are you using? Also, have you tried removing a card or disbaling crossfire and seing what happens with just one, would point out if it is a config issue or xfire issue.

Cance that, Just re read your post, I assume without VSync then it will run at however many frames it can deliver?
correct, to make it playable im running with a framelimiter right now, but there's still lots of tearing but at least it's 100+hz smooth tearing i guess

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

But still not nice though! Is it the same in all games or just one specific?
every game
frown.gif
even portal 1 for crying out loud, I should be able to run that game at 400 fps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts