Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tactical Moron
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Gigabyte windforce 7950 gigahertz edition... (FZ1 bios) I have 8 and 6 pin power connectors if it matters, but I finally have a game that requires my highest OC to play fluidly, 1200mhz core with +20% power limit volts are locked to 1.25v boost volts at that clock.
Will this hurt my card to run that high? Temps on the core only hit 69C after gaming for hours, don't know the vrm temps... Thanks ahead

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Well if the VRM's were overheating, the card would downclock but if there is no signs of overheating or downclocks then you are good to go.

• Rep+
Reactions: Minotaurtoo

·
Overclocking is my game.
1,924 Posts
Nope, that's fine. As long as it doesn't get too hot then even 1.3v is perfectly fine for 24/7 usage.

• Rep+
Reactions: Minotaurtoo

·
Tactical Moron
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies + rep to both of you... no signs of downclocking so I'll assume the vrms are good then, I'll lock it in then.
biggrin.gif

·
Tactical Moron
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update: I got tired of trying to use amd's failure software "catalyst" so I opted for some bios overclocking... turns out that I can put the card in turbo speeds at stock volts... 1000mhz @ 1.125 and it's enough to play this new game "The Crew" at high settings with 60fps... ultra though will take the full 1200mhz, but I'm fine at high... I do have a bios modded for 1200mhz @1.25, but for some reason it wouldn't back down to the idle volts even at idle speeds 500mzh... IDK why... new to bios modding so may be missing something... at least my card has the dual bios lol... just in case I dork it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts