Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some experience with overclocking , and have gotten my CPU to run around 3.5 GHz (give or take some MHz) stable , but not getting what I want . I read some articles and its apparently easier and more stable to change the FSB setting ? But my pos mobo doesn't have that option . I also read this processor can get a stable 4.1 GHz within the 50-60 C range , but I cant seem to get that . Any help appreciated , I want to get at least 4 GHz

Regards ,
Brandon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont know till every option is tried though , thank you for the answer , much appreciated , but not one im looking for .

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 1055T is a locked multipler cpu. Aren't you uping the FSB right now to overclock?

Also, I think you should turn off the turbo core feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok , ill give that a shot . And im not sure if I am or not , it doesnt say FSB it says something else:

My BIOS

Anyone know how to get this set up ? What to touch and what shouldnt be touched ?

As seen on xbitlabs article Here , they have the Ai Tweaker Util , my bios does not however . So maybe some things are just named differently in my BIOS and I can still achieve the same tasks ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The multipler is locked on the 1055T at 14x. 200 FSB x 14 gives you the stock 2.8.

So you have to up the FSB to whatever you want the overclock to be. and change the voltage accordingly. When you leave the voltage at auto it does up the voltage when the CPU is being used. But you still might want to alter that manually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok , well now I cant reach 3.5 without going over 60 C which wasnt the case before . I have CPU Over Voltage at 1.5500 and VDDNB at 1.1750 . The CPU Overclocking is at 235.0 . Processor Freq. Mult. is set to auto (which would be 14.0x) . Turbo is off . Im guessing the FSB is the CPU OC option ?

·
OG AMD
8,960 Posts
Greetings
A few things to note first off.
Your motherboard,while it does support Phenom X6 CPU's, is not designed to overclock that processor very much.You have a 4+1 VRM design,with no cooler.You won't fry it by overclocking past the 140w TDP it was designed for,but it will shut down.So in reality your are fighting a losing battle trying to get your CPU speeds any higher.
In your bios,select manual instead of auto to get overclocking options
Also,when raisng the ref. clock,you need to also increase your VDDNB (IMC)v,your HTTv,and your NBv along with your RAM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disappointing . I guess I'll have to upgrade my CPU to one more suited for OCing and that is compatible with my motherboard . Based on what you're telling me I'll need a little help with . What should I set each to , to achieve at least 3.7 GHz ? Or once again get it at 3.5 GHZ which for some reason I can't obtain again ?

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
You need a better board, not a different CPU.
wink.gif

( edit )

3.5 = 250x14 : 3500Mhz = 250 (HTT, FSB, Base Clock, Reference Clock) x 14 (CPU Multiplier)

It may do it at stock voltage (1.325~) or it might need a boost (1.35~+).
wink.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any that you would recommend ? Cheapest one possible but still better than my current ?

Appreciate the help btw everyone

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
At this point a cheap 790X / FX board will be suitable, or anthing in the 890/990X/FX range. I don't have any specific recommendations because everyones' needs are different.

What you should get is dependent on what you want:

Do you need more than 1 PCI-E slot? More than 2?
Do you need USB 3 ? What about SATA 6GB/III ?
Do you still need IDE support?
Do you need overclocking options galore or just a few?
Do you want onboard graphics in case your discrete GPU fails?

thinking.gif

You must consider what needs are to be met and then look for boards that meet those needs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I was just seeing if there were any someone could recommend thanks for those . And Yea having the voltage set at 1.6000 isnt even enough for 3.5 GHz , and Im afraid to go higher . It says damage can occur at 1.6350v and higher

(edit)

Basically , if YOU had my rig setup , how would YOU set the BIOS options to get the maximum speed out of this set up ?

·
Premium Member
10,103 Posts
You're going about it in all the wrong directions. There is no way unless you had a seriously bad chip that you would need 1.6v+ for 3.5Ghz.

I think what you need to do (take no offense) instead of asking for settings is to read some of the guides here and start from scratch. I'm under the assumption from reading your posts that you're really not quite sure what you're doing. It's not really something that you can just 'copy' from other users' setups or things like that, it's something you should undertake, educate yourself on. It's better with trial and error than asking for the answer simply because each setup is different as are each individual components.
redface.gif

( edit )

Just for an example my 1055T on an M4A78T-E does 3.9 @ 1.4~v. Just for reference. Your voltage is waaaay too high.
wink.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol Im too impatient to learn this stuff ... although I do know quite a bit , but I guess I have to suck it up and learn . Just as reference , what are all your other settings you used to reach that ? I'm not going to use them but itll help me understand where to be around (maybe) and i doubt i can use the same because you mobo is different but hey , itll help .

and this is a dumb question but where are the guides ? lol

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
That's not a 4+1 phase that is an oldr 4-phase AM2 based design. That is a significant limitation in VRM capacity and your 1055T will not OC very far before protective throttling begins due to amperage overload.

·
OG AMD
8,960 Posts
If you want to get higher speeds disable a couple of cores and run it as a quad.Also too much voltage will make it unstable too,so you really need to back that voltage down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts