Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Palit GTS 250 and last night I was messin around with Precision and here are my Clocks.... 770 Core, 1663 Shader, 1032 Memory. (Standard is 700, 1500, 900). I did a few test runs last night with rthdribl_1_2 and everything worked fine at 16x Multisample and 1920x1080. Afterwards I looked at Precision and noticed my fan was only peaked at 70% at 60 Celsius so today I kept all the same clocks and boosted my case fans up to 1000 RPM and GPU fan to 100% and ran it again to see how cool I could run it and about 1 minute in the card quit, displaying green only. So, can a fan cause the GPU to fail? If not what could have? Because thats a very minor OC, I think some companies come stock at 750 with this card.

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
That's a weird thing to happen, regardless.

E-Green Edition, right?

Are the Drivers you have fresh and clean, IE: previous drivers properly swept/cleaned away and not just over-install?

Also this is a really dumb question, but your 6-pins, do you have more on the one rail than the other? Seems you got one +12v @17A, and the second @20A and they're modular fittings? Is there more of a load on one rail where the card's 6-pin is going?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts