Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a OEM board and OEM cpu but its an 2.6ghz northwood brand id:9 hyper threading technology 3.120v on adverage..family f..model 2..stepping 9..revision d1 fsb 200 busspeed 800...now i got a p4sd-la mobo which is an oem Asus and now i am running dual FAH and im can overclock using a software cause my mobo is on it and i was wondering is there any way to lock my agp and pci slots? because when i overclock my comp i lose ALL audio till i change my clock back to normal and reboot...its not a pci sound card...it is an onboard sound...thanks for all yo help about the sound....and i was wondering will 300-400mhz help boost much for FAH?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i said the sound..its on board sound!

and i also asked will it improve/speed up my folding much and how much more?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
onboard sound is regulated by the PCI bus. Onboard sound is always first to crap out when overclocking everything synchronously. Not locking the PCI/AGP buses is the first mistake of almost all noob OC'ers (myself included, some 2 1/2 years ago), which is almost always indicated by loss of sound/crapping out sound/sound distortion.

Stable overclocking will increase system performance, which, yes, will manifest specifically (in this case) in increased folding output. How much, you ask? Can't really put a number on it, and with a minimal overclock, it may not even be noticeable. Over time, given enough time, two systems identical to yours, side-by-side, one oc'ed and one not, the difference will become evident eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

ok i got a OEM board and OEM cpu but its an 2.6ghz northwood brand id:9 hyper threading technology 3.120v on adverage..family f..model 2..stepping 9..revision d1 fsb 200 busspeed 800...now i got a p4sd-la mobo which is an oem Asus and now i am running dual FAH and im can overclock using a software cause my mobo is on it and i was wondering is there any way to lock my agp and pci slots? because when i overclock my comp i lose ALL audio till i change my clock back to normal and reboot...its not a pci sound card...it is an onboard sound...thanks for all yo help about the sound....and i was wondering will 300-400mhz help boost much for FAH?

What program are you using to overclock, i have a HP Pavilion T550 and i have been trying to find a program to oc because there are no settings in my bios. i have tried cpucool and cpufsb but when i go to run the program an error message comes up "install NTIOWP.SYS driver first" ive looked all over the web trying to get this driver but i cant find it. Can You help!!

Asus P4SD-LA
P4 2.8
512 DDR RAM PC3200
160GB Samsung HD
NVidia FX5500 Graphics card
OnBoard sound card
XP Home Edition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts