Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have just splashed out a small fortune on some new hardware and i was hoping you guys could help me squeeze a bit more juice out of it.

Here's what i have:
mobo: MSI K8N Diamond (NF4 SLI)
CPU: 3500+ winnie
Mem: twinx1024-3200xlpro
PSU: Enermax 600w (eg701ax-ve sfma v2.0
GPU: MSI NX6800GT Pcie (Second one arrives in 2 days for sli)
CASE/cooling: Lian li alu case, 4 80mm accoustic fans

Shes running nice and quiet and temps are at: cpu checks in at 35'c GPU 50'c

I hear the cpu will do much better than the stock 2200mhz and the GPU can do much better too.

Id really appreciate some oc guidance and real figures if you have em to get this kit flying.

Thanks in advance.

Fodder

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

NICE stuff you have there !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankx fellas,

at stock speeds my scores are:
3dmark05 (1.2): 4009
3dmark03 (3.6): 9098

My second 6800GT will arrived tomorow so ill let you know what happens to these scores using SLI.

I have had a bit of a play with overclocking the CPU i got it running up to about 2500 but windows wouldnt boot

In the overclocking guide i was asked to read further up it seemed to sugest that the HT mulitpier replaced the CPU fsb mulitiplier ?

my mobo has a ht multiplier and a cpu fsb mulitplier ! how are these 2 linked ?

Thanks in advance

Fodder

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
HTT multiplier is the multiplier for the Hyper-Transport Bus, the CPU multiplier is the for the CPU clock speed. You have a base HTT frequency of 200, the HTT multiplier x5 gives you 1000MHz HTT bus and x11 for the CPU multiplier gives you 2200MHz CPU clock speed. You should go ahead a lower the HTT multiplier to x4 pretty soon as going much over 1000MHz HTT can cause problems. The CPU multiplier is locked from x11 and up, but you can choose lower if you wish, but there's no benefit in doing so since it'll lower the CPU clock speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts