Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is....tell me what you guys think. I had to bump voltage to 1.35 and it ran in Prime95 for over an hour perfectly.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
nice job. there's still plenty enough room left for you to add more voltage.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
My Windsor X2 5600+ (when I had it) would only do 3.2GHz on 1.48v. Guess the board I was on was to blame

Looks good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerikoh
View Post

nice job. there's still plenty enough room left for you to add more voltage.

Seconded. The 90nm's can take up to 1.55v just fine.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolical999 View Post
My Windsor X2 5600+ (when I had it) would only do 3.2GHz on 1.48v. Guess the board I was on was to blame

Looks good.

Seconded. The 90nm's can take up to 1.55v just fine.
Haha, my old one couldn't even do 3.1GHz completely stable, but I blame the MSI SB600 board. I'm really curious to see what it could do on this board, but I just can't imagine taking this 940 out, lol. Plus I'm selling the 5600.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysAMD View Post
Looks good, but lets see 8 hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan View Post
Agreed, run that for longer, and if you're still stable, then try for more (as long as your temps are safe).

Good luck man, and great job so far.
Thanks guys. I ran Prime95 small FFT for about 9 hours flawlessly. I can't believe I got this CPU at 3.2ghz with only 1.35v!!

Many people have said the Windsor X2 5600+ hits the wall at 3.1ghz. I guess its all about the mobo.

I lowered my memory speed to 667 to have some OC room and it runs perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lxcivic2k1 View Post
Haha, my old one couldn't even do 3.1GHz completely stable, but I blame the MSI SB600 board. I'm really curious to see what it could do on this board, but I just can't imagine taking this 940 out, lol. Plus I'm selling the 5600.
I did a ton of research before I bought my mobo. I was going to get the 790FX series but then I thought about it....I'm not into multiple GPU and Crossfire, I prefer single, powerful cards - so I bought the Gigabyte MA-790X UD4 SB750.

This motherboard is the best I have ever owned. IMO Gigabyte and their Ultra Durable 3 cannot be beat, not even by Asus (didn't hear good things from Asus new line either).

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn View Post
C'mon keep pushing, you're using almost jack all for voltage. See how far you can go with 1.5v or so
Yeah youre right, I just dont know if my AC Freezer 64 Pro can handle that much heat. It probably could, but not at the lower level temps that I'm comfortable with.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice. Just got my Brisbane up to 3.2 by 278 @ 11.5. And I paid under $60 for this CPU! Wish I had that SB750, as I'm stuck with my '600.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.