Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know most of you will say ,"dont bother", but im gonna ask anyway.
i have this old system i muck around with: PII 366MHz, 163MB SDRAM 10gb hdd and 80GB hdd, generic crap vid card, sound blaster 16.... ANYWAY
as u guessed, i wanna OC it. but i cant. ther is no bios settings ther are little dips on the mobo, but iv changed them, but no effect. i realy want to OC this rig can any 1 help!! im out of ideas-(eccept get a new bios/mobo.)

PLEASE ANY 1 HELP! rep points given to all!!

cheers!

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
If you give the mobo information I can research for the ability to OC through hardware, utherwise you may have to OC via software. The software is all over the net, but it is very unreliable and most must be bought.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have another problem with this system. it keeps hanging. could this be the RAM? its all 2nd hand i have 2 64mb and 2 16md sticks. its not a software prob, as iv reinstalled xp 3 times its not the hdd coz its brand new. i dont think its the cpu coz i've tried 2. iv cheked all cable conections, and it aint the power suply coz its a 400 watter.

have u any clues? any help would be much appreciated.

rep points awarded to all helpful replys

cheers

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
download memcheck and check the ram.

• Rep+
Reactions: Bangas

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by remote_username

well 4 sticks of ram might be to much i'd say take out all but a 64mb stick and see if it works also if the mobo came out of like a dell,gateway ect. then you need a new mobo

no i tried it with both 64's, each indervidualy, and it still does it. the mobo is an intel

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the deal...
CPU: intel celeron 366MHz codename-mendocino(its actualy a P2, CPU-z calls it a celeron)

@367.50MHz

soket 370 PPGA
FSB=66.8MHz
BUS=66.8MHz
multiplier=X5.5

Mainboard
model=i440LX-W977
chipset=intel i440lx Rev.3
southbridge=intel 82371(PII X4)
sensor=national LM78

BIOS
AWARD Version=4.51 PG 07/19/99

Can any 1 help me OC this hunk? hardware or software. i dont mind. i just want it to be faster than it is.

REP's TO ANY 1 WITH EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF HELP!!!!!

·
Banned
914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangas

here is the deal...
CPU: intel celeron 366MHz codename-mendocino(its actualy a P2, CPU-z calls it a celeron)

@367.50MHz

soket 370 PPGA
FSB=66.8MHz
BUS=66.8MHz
multiplier=X5.5

Mainboard
model=i440LX-W977
chipset=intel i440lx Rev.3
southbridge=intel 82371(PII X4)
sensor=national LM78

BIOS
AWARD Version=4.51 PG 07/19/99

Can any 1 help me OC this hunk? hardware or software. i dont mind. i just want it to be faster than it is.

REP's TO ANY 1 WITH EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF HELP!!!!!

well you cold get a new mobo
http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/mebvm4mwoa.html
i'm getin one of these it shold work

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

You can try some of the links that Google pulled at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...clock+software, If you find any that work well please post them on this thread for others in the future.

there is one i found that works most of the time called CPUFSB. it suports most mobo's but not all and u need to find out what make and type ur PLL(phase locked loop) is, by looking on ur mobo.
you can download it in beta for free or purchase the full for US$19.95 the full has more options & suports more mobo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.