Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a northwood 2.8 [email protected] at 1.58 volts on the MB bios.my ram is at 244mhz speed at 2.6 volts running under stock speed wich is 250mhz.my temp on ilde is 29C my MB is at 25C. so the problem is when i run occt after 4 mins the pc freezes? any suggetions? i have no prblems browesing or watching videos so i dont know where to go from here?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Download the newest drivers for you video card. Retest. If the problem re-occurs then raise your voltage to 1.65V and run occt again.

You can as well download 3dMark05 as a test of 3d and see if this freezes your system as well. Since it might be the game itself. Do you play other games.? If you do, do they freeze your system as well?

http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml

hth,

R

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
One, do you have any dividers, if so, get rid of them. Your comp obviously isn't stable at that voltage. Switch your CPU voltage to like 1.6, or 1.4, experiment. Try running your ram at a higher voltage. What is occt (I am a noob, and lovin it). Try running Prime95, that should help you out a bit.
You spelled browsing wrong. Don't end your last sentence with a question mark

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by longpole

ok i have a northwood 2.8 [email protected] at 1.58 volts on the MB bios.my ram is at 244mhz speed at 2.6 volts running under stock speed wich is 250mhz.my temp on ilde is 29C my MB is at 25C. so the problem is when i run occt after 4 mins the pc freezes? any suggetions? i have no prblems browesing or watching videos so i dont know where to go from here?

When your Mem timings are opened up does the problem continue? I didn't see any reference to memory in your post? Back your timimgs off, if possible?

Perhaps some of the northwood overclockers can offer a solution?

·
Banned
87 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by longpole

my timings are 3 4 4 8 1:1 my divider is set at 400mhz aquamark 3 i got a 67,554 67.55 fps

Are you running in turbo mode or standard?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
standard. also if fails to 3dmark05.i upped vcore to 1.62 still same results and new nvida drivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts