Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeu2k1

i have a amd 64 3200+clawhammer and a soyo ck8 dragon plus nf 3 150 chipset

it wont allow me to up my ht past 603 (default 600) my ram is corsair value ddr333

can some one help me please

First off, invest in PC3200...cause your HTT is supposed to be 800...

and soyo's are not known for their shining overclockability

Should overclock SOME though.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
He may be able to bypass the locks though if he can manage to set the ram to run at close to 200 FSB regardless of CPU FSB...thats the key to overclocking the K8V Dlx SE, which is a VIA chipset.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak
The acronym is PEBKAC Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. LOL!
ive kinda sorted it i fink got my oc up to 2.46 ghz wow
) found out that the voltages to cpu were 0.885 damn so i upped it to 1.525 cahnged my timings to cl3.0-3-3-10 got ma ram upto pc 425 and my 3d mark scores have jumped from 5812(no oc) to 6083(with cpu oc) thats with an arctic cooler 64 hsf

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

ive kinda sorted it i fink got my oc up to 2.46 ghz wow
) found out that the voltages to cpu were 0.885 damn so i upped it to 1.525 cahnged my timings to cl3.0-3-3-10 got ma ram upto pc 425 and my 3d mark scores have jumped from 5812(no oc) to 6083(with cpu oc) thats with an arctic cooler 64 hsf
Not bad, not bad at all... What are your idle and load temps at that speed?

Also, were your scores in 3dMark03 or 3dMark05?

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

Not bad, not bad at all... What are your idle and load temps at that speed?

Also, were your scores in 3dMark03 or 3dMark05?

idle temp is 42c under load 49c.

my dad know alot about air cooling and set up my fans for me

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

idle temp is 42c under load 49c.

my dad know alot about air cooling and set up my fans for me
Sounds like you might be able to push it a little bit more, you could probably get 2.5ghz out of it with default stability.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Sounds like you might be able to push it a little bit more, you could probably get 2.5ghz out of it with default stability.
ive tried but it wont boot past 235mhz(fsb) i have a multi of 10x so my fsb would have to be at 250mhz i had to shave some mhz of last night as it wasnt stable enough for me under prime 95 and beat the office p.c benchmark?

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

ive tried but it wont boot past 235mhz(fsb) i have a multi of 10x so my fsb would have to be at 250mhz i had to shave some mhz of last night as it wasnt stable enough for me under prime 95 and beat the office p.c benchmark?
Looks like you may have run into the extent that your ram will be pushed.... How high is your vdimm? If it can go higher, put it there

Also try slacking up your memory timing a bit more, what are they stock and what do you have them at now? We can get this beast a bit higher, I know we can! :shades2:

Edit: Just saw the timings of 3-3-3-10 which is pretty darn slack, try 3-4-4-10 and see if lets you take it any higher. If it doesn't, time to upgrade that memory

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Looks like you may have run into the extent that your ram will be pushed.... How high is your vdimm? If it can go higher, put it there

Also try slacking up your memory timing a bit more, what are they stock and what do you have them at now? We can get this beast a bit higher, I know we can! :shades2:

Edit: Just saw the timings of 3-3-3-10 which is pretty darn slack, try 3-4-4-10 and see if lets you take it any higher. If it doesn't, time to upgrade that memory

my vdimm is at 2.7 but can b put up to 2.9.

my ram is corsair value.

by the way i dont have pci/agp locks

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Crank ur vdimm to 2.9 and set ur timings to 3-4-4-10 and give it another go around.

If that doesn't work, I'd start looking at your ram with a suspicious face

2.9 i dnt like the sound of that 1? by the way do i crank up the htt voltages?

and do i put my cpu voltages up ne more currentlly 1.525

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

my bios says it is 3.0-3-10-3

doesnt give me the optin on the second 1 for number 3

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
It looks like I'm jumping on all of your posts! lol

I noticed you have 333 value ram...

Well...there's no wrong way to say this...BUY NEW RAM!

You'll need at least PC3200 of good brand or type to get where you want to be...but I do have a suggestion.

I think you should try setting a memory divider so that your ram does not run higher than 185 FSB. (370 effective)

Most boards without AGP/PCI locks, especially newer boards...the AGP/PCI are based on RAM speed. If you dont let your ram get out of range, the PCI/AGP shouldn't be out of range.

Try setting the divider, and see where your CPU FSB gets to. Your Vcore is fine for now, how are your temps?

If you are sittin at 235 and can't go higher, try what I suggest, and keep your HTT multiplier (or LDT multiplier) at 3x. for now.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

You shouldn't be able to hurt it, name brand ram can handle 3.1. It's that no-name stuff that comes from the plastic bin at wal-mart that you have to worry about.

Your BIOS should read 3-4-10-4 if you want 3-4-4-10. Also drop to 2T if you have the option, or if you know that it's set to 1T. To be able to run the ram you have at the speeds you want, you're going to have to slack and keep on slacking it, PC2700 = poo overclocks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.