Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've overclocked my i7 to 4GHz, Vcore is stock (1.056) My cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. So I'm wondering how long do I have to run Prime95 for? I've ran it for an hour now and my Max temp is 65C. I'm planning to run for about 2 or 3 hours.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's up to you; some say that 24 hours is necessary, others say a few hours is fine. Your temps and voltage aren't anywhere near dangerous, so you might let it run overnight just to be sure!

Nice OC by the way, 4 ghz on stock voltage...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I agree with Traches. My personal system I ran for a few hours and it has been fine, all the ones I build for my customers I run for 24 hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've been running Prime95 for 3 Hours and 10 Minutes now... So far, the temperature has never gone over 67C.

I could run it for another 1 or 2 hours. If things stay the same, then it'll be considered stable?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Most likely yes

·
Banned
75 Posts
After running Prime 95, try also running IBT (the version with AVX to properly test SB CPUs).

Prime95 and IBT stress the CPU differently, so it's wise to run them both (separately of course!) just to make sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts