Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
The folks at OCaholic have spotted a large list of CPU-z validations which show that the upcoming Core i7-4770K was overclocked to 7 GHz at 2.56V. Intel's fourth generation Haswell line of processors are expected to launch on June 3rd 2013, several benchmarks of the processor have been leaked which can be seen here and here.
OCaholic
Source

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
2.56V? That's crazy. IIRC the best 3770K chips need about 2V to hit 7GHz.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I want to know is if this voltage reading:

is real or not. Even if it can just validate 6.2ghz at 1.2v..... Dear lord the OCs. Most likely false reporting due to some power saving feature or something but anyways....

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Hang on, I thought the K chips could only change BCLK, why is that 4670T at 138?

Also 2.5v is mad, Im really not sure about these, especially from the info I know.

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

is real or not. Even if it can just validate 6.2ghz at 1.2v..... Dear lord the OCs.
1.2v needed for 6.2GHz, 2.56v needed for 7GHz. 800MHz increase = 1.36v increase?
wth.gif

tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

is real or not. Even if it can just validate 6.2ghz at 1.2v..... Dear lord the OCs.
5GHz on stock cooler plz
tongue.gif

·
SSD's & Corsair
234 Posts
I feel MANY benchmarks falling when Haswell comes out.
interested in the IMC, will it be able to push the 3000mhz corsair chips to crazy clocks with decent timings.
I hope this craziness caries over to IV-B or maybe it came from IV-B
ninja.gif
ninja.gif

·
Programmer
28,683 Posts
This is all well and good, but next gen console will force games to use 6-8 cores, so these insane overclocks will only help to a certain point.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
1.216V for 6.2GHz....... good lord
eek.gif

I'm at 1.28V just to keep 4.5GHz stable on a 3570k....

Only time will tell if Haswell will be a good overclocker or not, but this looks impressive

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

This is all well and good, but next gen console will force games to use 6-8 cores, so these insane overclocks will only help to a certain point.
I thought the ps3 had 6 or 7 cores? If it does, why hasn't that already been going on?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:

4770k can handle 8 threads

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
Quote:

Those are extremely weak cores in comparison. A stock Core i3 2100 is twice as fast as the quad-core SoCs used in the next generation consoles. The API used to develop games will handle the thread scheduling so I don't see this a point of contention when consoles have used 3-7 threads since 2005.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
thats sick. Im sure Alatar cant wait

1 - 20 of 253 Posts