Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
moved up from 2x8gb gskill (F4-3600C16D-16GVK) by adding a further pair, which are considerably newer, but same specs

apart from needing more volts (up from a meagre 1.34 to 1.38 in the bios), they run endless stress testing using tm5, and once booted are stable as a rock. but...

every so often on a cold boot, they fail initial boot and the auto second cycle kicks in fine and into windows; rarely they default to "overclock fail", and a simple reboot from the bios screen and they are good to go at declared speed and timings

very rarely, they refuse to boot multiple times, and after a little rest, or compete power down, they are back and raging

i would add that they invariably hate being instructed to restart using windows power option, and i don't think they have ever rebooted without a shutdown from that state

other gear is all well tested and fine :
ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.625 / noctua nh-d15 / msi b450m mortar max / samsung 970 evo plus 500gb nvme / wd 2tb / 4x8gb G.Skill ripjawsV @ 3600 c16 (b-die) /
galax 2060 super / dell u2515h / Lian Li PC-A17B & corsair hx750i & noctua fans

i am not after tweaking the subtimings at this stage, except to invoke the gods of stability at 16-16-16-36 1t at least vdimm it will happily accept

the ram idles at ~ 40c; the sticks are a bit cuddly on the mortar max but 4 slots lined up doesn't make for spacious insertion, and although i may well add another fan over them eventually, i am disinterested in rejigging the case, which is pretty tidy

Font Technology Screenshot Electric blue Multimedia

happy for some simple adjustments to make it less pernickety for cold boot (and reboot if that is an additional possibility)

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts