Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well... I overclock my laptop's video card too. I understand it is even riskier than it would be on a desktop. I only apply the overclocked settings when I run a game though. Still, I think the laptop is going to die one day, hehehe. At least I will enjoy it

Adrenaline rush! Adrenaline rush!

PS.- Funny thing is, my laptop's card overclock a lot more better than my desktop's before showing artifacts. Funny, hehehe.

·
Registered
299 Posts
dude 70 degrees celcius is like 20 degrees away from my maximum my board has ever reached. man u got some real problems if u are running at 70 degrees

·
Registered
299 Posts
overclocking laptops is like playing russian roulette . laptops have such a bad form a cooling that they can barely run with stock fans, overclocking them is just plain dumb

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually as long as i keep the heatsink clean it rarely cranks the fan to full speed, it usaully runs on low or medium and i can put my hand up to the exhuast and its not even that hot. now if the heatsink gets clogged with dust, the fan runs higher and the exhuast is noticibly warmer. plus i have it set on top of 2 additional fans that cool the underside of my laptop, where a large amount of heat would gather. the bottom of the unit now is barely even warm. i think the additional fans will keep the temperature at a safe level.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts