Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory;14236093
Are these voltages normal by the way? 1.37v @ 4.5GHz? I've seen people with lower vcore with higher/equal OC. Maybe I just got a mediocre chip...but I've also heard the D2 revisions are good OC'ers.
All chip acts differently as we all know.
Also they acts differently on the different clock/voltage, too.
Meaning I can get my i5 [email protected] stable but I need 1.375+v to get to 4.8.
That is a big jump. I'm feeling that this particular chip likes to be at 4.6
So some chip acts similar at particular clock/voltage but it won't act as similar on different clock/voltage.

· Registered
645 Posts
C1E - disabled
C3 state - disabled
package C state - disabled

These make your idle temp and wattage consumption way lower.
About 5-10c lower idle temp and 1/2 to 1/4 lower wattage. = Lower electric bills

Also it usually won't affect stability of your OC.

Also "Speed step" makes lower your multi when it's on idle which is good feature.
Also this usually won't affect the OCability, either.

Short long duration are just to give the CPU some headroom so you can actually put any number higher than 150. I set mine all to 255, 255, 255. BUT I keep mine to "default 1sec".

Also LLC Level 1 is pretty hardcore. Level 2 is better.
If it's making your load voltage down too much, then you may put "Additional turbo voltage to +0.004v".

· Registered
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory;14246102
So if I enable C1E and the two C state options, I'll have lower temps and be able to lower the vcore without making it less stable?
Yes. It did to mine at least. No stability issue at all.
Well... it won't lower vcore unless you are set to off-set mode.
But it made my CPU temp way lower on idle.

· Registered
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3310n;14247177
you realize that some of these options can affect performance? i disabled all the stuff i was supposed to but then i dropped 8 gflops! >:O if i enable things like virtualization blah blah will that negativly effect my oc?
Intel virtualization is OFF on mine.
Just those C1E, C3 and C6 support, and speed steps are ON.
It depends on other settings and what mobo you use but they do not affect my OC stability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory;14246773
Alrighty, I've re-enabled the C state options, Speedstep, C1E. Changed the LLC to level 2. Upped the turbo boost power limits a bit and added additional turbo voltage of +0.004v

Lowered the vcore two more notches down to 1.34v

Much better idle temps...back down to the high 20's/low 30's. Running Prime95 for stability. If all goes well I'll probably continue dropping the vcore a bit more.
Nice. Keep it tweakin'!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.