Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just won a AMD 64 4000 SD sckt 939 on eBay for $265. On my 3200 i can get up to around 2.47ghz on stock cooling, can i expect around 400mhz on the SD too? which would make it around 2.8?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that 2.8 Ghz is very realistic for your new 4000+ . Depending on the rest of your system and the stepping on that chip maybe even 3.0+

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
i have my 3700+ at 2.6Ghz on the stock cooler, no problems. i've done 2.86, but left a house fan blowing straight onto my board to keep it cool. so you should be able to hold 2.6Ghz no problem on the stock cooler, maybe even 2.7 or 2.8Ghz if you're lucky.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes can get 400MHz, but you can even take it further to 550MHz. I have the same chip, 4000+ SD and right now I'm at 2940MHz on STOCK cooling. Idle temp is about 35ºC, and full load is 47ºC. You could go even higher if you have better ram, better than what I have right now at least.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am almost positive that your Corsair memory is better than mine because I got the valueselect and yours is XMS. You should be good to go, just find out the max's on your board if you don't know them already, including your new cpu

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have an AMD 4000 Sandy and so far my highest oc on it was exactly 2.94 sam as HeyJim and i also have ddr400 ram thats holding me back

i tried something a bit higher and extremely unstable and this CPU seems like its one of those cpu's that oc really well on their stock voltage and anything higher isnt any better i believe

EDIT: ah jeez didnt notice how old this was

1 - 7 of 7 Posts