Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high do you think I could OC a 2.0 GHZ Barton Core Sempron on stock cooling? I'm pretty new to OC'ing....

HELP TEH NEWB

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I used CPU-Z and it told me my mobo was made by ASUSTek. Sounds like a chinese piracy ripoff of asus. I have a Phoneix Technologies ver. 3.14 BIOS...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
asustek is just short for asus technology the model type is in the box below. put up a screeny of teh cpu-z mainboard and well see if we can help more but 2.4ghz with decent cooloing and ram should nt be a problem

·
Banned
117 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the Asustek mobo's are are for prebuilt computers (Compaq and HP). Which most likely means that you will have to use software OC'ing or a new mobo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I have what appears to be a HP/Compaq Asus Kelut Mobo. On the Asus webpage, I see mainly things like K83275, Z573489, weird combos of letters and numbers with no names. My comp was originally a Compaq Presario or w/e. $300 bucks, was cheap, and I was naive. So will I be unable to OC, or can I do it though software, or the BIOS, idk I'm really new to this all I've done is replace power supplies and graphics cards and ram lol.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitchy

OK I have what appears to be a HP/Compaq Asus Kelut Mobo. On the Asus webpage, I see mainly things like K83275, Z573489, weird combos of letters and numbers with no names. My comp was originally a Compaq Presario or w/e. $300 bucks, was cheap, and I was naive. So will I be unable to OC, or can I do it though software, or the BIOS, idk I'm really new to this all I've done is replace power supplies and graphics cards and ram lol.

your spot on about the no o/c But mine is asustek too oh no i have a compaq lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crap... well i checked my BIOS and indeed the stuff is greyed out. And my CPU temp says 57*C which is pretty high??? Could I update my BIOS using the ASUS website's BIOSes or would that render my mobo useless?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitchy

crap... well i checked my BIOS and indeed the stuff is greyed out. And my CPU temp says 57*C which is pretty high??? Could I update my BIOS using the ASUS website's BIOSes or would that render my mobo useless?

I very much doubt that any bios you download will lead to being able to o/c is that in the bios hardware monitor or idle in windows ...either way thats hot man

EDIT; Thats way too hot have replaced the HSF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts