Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my K7N2 Delta2-LSR mobo.
sofar it seams like a great board but Im having a problem. I can oc using core center with np, but when I use the same settings in bios my pc eather wont post at all, or it is unstable.
so far the highest I have tryed to go in bios is 175 fsb with the ram timings it adjust's them to, and what the ram timings are at when using core center to oc(1:1/ 2.0,3,3,7)checked using cpuz
from my understanding hardware oc should be more stable than software oc, but Im getting the exact oppisite.
my comps is
above mobo with what would appear to be the b40 bios(11.4 if Im remembering correctly, possably my prob? Ive read some people have problems manual oc'ing with that bios version)
AMD Athlon xp 3000+
512mb PC2700 non eec, unbuffered Samsung ram

to test stability of my system Im running PCMark04 if it runs ok then I use SiSoft Sandra 's burn in wizard to run both cpu and memory benchmarks 10 times, then run prime95 for several hrs.
using core center to oc I can run all tests np, but when using bios to oc I never make it past PCMark04.

can any one tell me what I should try? or am I stuck using core center untill the next bios update?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought an xp2500 mobile to put into my k7n2 board, and have had NO success oc-ing. Did you ever figure it out? I have read several articles on this mobo to OC but they just aren't specific enought to help me. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by swyland

I just bought an xp2500 mobile to put into my k7n2 board, and have had NO success oc-ing. Did you ever figure it out? I have read several articles on this mobo to OC but they just aren't specific enought to help me. Any ideas ?

for me my ram was the problem. my 3000+ is a super locked one with a fsb of 166.
once I got some good pc3200 ram I was able to hit 2.3GHz by upping the fsb and the cpu voltage abit.
I could also get 2.4GHz stable but my cooling wasnt good enough.

since your cpu is a mobil if you are using pc3200 ram try 200mhz fsb with a multi of 11. that should give you 2.2GHz(3200+ speed)

EDIT also if you are running the same board, make sure it has the b30(1.30) bios on not the b40. the b40 sux for oc'in

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by swyland

I have the same board with the same cpu, and you should be able to run at at least 200fsb(400)x11multi without a problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts