Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an asus motherboard. its a asus a8v deluxe socket 939. but i was wondering why i cant overclock the fsb over 228 mhz? its definately not my new ram set coz that can get to 400 mhz, but is it because the it runs on a via k8t800pro chipset and that the pci bus is 1/6th of the fsb?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
first off, the RAM speed is 200Mhz in relation to your mobo, 400mhz actual. so it may very well be your RAM. try upping the vdimm and or loosening the timings a little.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but the multiplyer is locked, you can only change the fsb and the voltage for the cpu, and change the memory timings for the memory.

and could someone from admin or a moderator or someone with the power put thread in the amd motherboard section. i accidently typed in the wrong area. soz.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
yep, then play around with voltage and timings and see what you get. what are you set at right now for vdimm, timings and vcore?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, my vdimm at the moment is 2.6V, timings are 2.5-3-3-6 i think, and vcore is 1.450.

the problem is that if i try overclocking it, the psu will fluctuate.

should i just up the timings for a better fsb?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
you could try that. Tho it might actually lower your performance. Try a benchmark before and after, find the best performance. sounds like your not getting enough power if your PSU ffluxes, which is a definate problem.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by apprentice21

but the multiplyer is locked, you can only change the fsb and the voltage for the cpu, and change the memory timings for the memory.

and could someone from admin or a moderator or someone with the power put thread in the amd motherboard section. i accidently typed in the wrong area. soz.

You can lower multipliers, atleast I did on a friends 3000+

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really? it said nothing about at least changing the multiplyer in the manual. and i always thought that the athlon 64 socket 939's couldnt change their multiplier nomatter what. could your friend tell me how to do it?

on second thoughts, he might of had an xp 3200 barton, not a 64 3200 winchester. thats why he was able to change the multiplier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts