Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm newb here. Just got an P4 2.4E recently (from P3 450Mhz Slot 1 ^^), so I want to do a few OC here and there. Have just successful at 2.57Ghz (143*18) but my mobo have no PCI/AGP Lock so I reverted it back, wait for a new mobo (current mobo is Biostar t7gvr -> it's a ****, stay away from it. Its AGP called XGP, and it runs at PCI BUS SPEED ~ AGP 1/2X). Keep everything loud and clear! ^^
note: This 4rum is great, specially thank to NoAffinity. You're genius, men!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
welcome to oc.net and wow a 450MHz thats the only one worst the my old old rig 833MHz or smthng like it.... wlecome

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is that you in that avatar? Or your gf or something?

And whenever you get the new mobo, post away!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
and what is XGP... never herd of it i have had agp in a while either PCIe16 yay

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
HI and welcome

XGP .. I believe it was a lame attempt to have an Intel system that offered both PCIe and AGP but the ABO is limited to 2x!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all
@xviosx: Yep, but that's 450 is a titan, man. It's has 512Kb l2 (even P3 600 only have 256), so it's rock. I still have it run as my "tiny" web server
@zipnogg: She is neither myself nor my girlfriend. Just a pic i catch from out forum, I'm come from VietNam, ya know. If you want to see more pic similiary like this, visit my blog at 360.yahoo.com/le_tung_linh
@theduke: worst than what you think, XGP is offered in Biostar mobo, working THROUGH PCI BUS SPEED, because i845G have no AGP bus, so it's actually work at 33Mhz (~AGP 0.5X). 1/4 of your AGP 2X
. There's something like this at Gigabyte mobo, called GEAR (if i remember right). So, step away from it if you can
. I have a terrible time with it. Considering i865 mobo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts