Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32436 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Official OCN Anime/Manga Club

-- The most weeaboo part of OCN since 2009

This is the OCN club for people who watch Anime and/or read Manga.

What is this?:

Quote:
Anime is animation originating in Japan.

Quote:
Manga consist of comics and print cartoons, in the Japanese language and conforming to the style developed in Japan in the late 19th century.

Most people who watch anime and read manga do so because it's a huge source of really good entertainment. Anime and manga come in all varieties and genres, and there are items of both suitible for all ages and preferences. Just because it's not produced in our home country, doesn't mean we don't want to enjoy it.

Rules:

• If you do not like anime or manga, please post in a thread in the rants section. This thread is for people that do.
  • Always use spoiler () tags, wherever you are talking about non-trivial aspects of a plot. Give a descriptive title, so that people don't have to guess if it spoils them. A good title gives the name and episode of anime (or chapter of manga) from which plot is being mentioned, so that a reader can be sure if they have seen it.
  • All of OCN's rules, of course, apply. This means no discussing piracy, and no hentai or overly ecchi content.
  • Don't bash people's choice of anime/manga. Discussion is fine, but no MOEBLOB SUCKS, NARTUTARD, DUBFAG, etc... here.

I have removed the membership list, as I was rubbish at updating it anyway, and wasn't really important anyway. If you want to be a 'member', just take part and post.

How to use spoilers, a primer:

Bad . . . . Good

Bob kills Bill.
Bob kills Bill.
Bob kills Bill.
Bob kills Bill.

Bob kills Bill.

When done like this, you can easily see whether or not it is safe to read the spoiler, and won't be accidently spoiled.

Signatures:

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
There were a few such threads in a long forgotten time once. They either got closed or removed. The whole topic is like one big flame bait it seems.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
There were a few such threads in a long forgotten time once. They either got closed or removed. The whole topic is like one big flame bait it seems.
Well, then we'll just have to make sure this doesn't go the same way. I'm sure we can manage to stay civil.

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lattyware View Post
Well, then we'll just have to make sure this doesn't go the same way. I'm sure we can manage to stay civil.

with the current level of maturity on OCN? Ha. I give this thread 5 pages max. If you really want to keep it alive I propose that you set up rules from the get go and do your own clean up of the thread from time to time, so as to not incur the wrath of the mods. Oh, and beware of the ecchi.

·
Banned
2,135 Posts
How about just mentioning a few of your favourite anime. I'm sure nobody really cares about links to external sites listing the shows people have seen.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by eureka View Post
How about just mentioning a few of your favourite anime. I'm sure nobody really cares about links to external sites listing the shows people have seen.
If you want to do that, feel free.

Edit: Updated the main post to reflect that.

·
Banned
2,135 Posts
Well, it would be a lot easier. Perhaps something like recommended watching?

If so I'd join and like to recommend:

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
- Mai-Hime
- Nodame Cantabile
- Samurai Champloo
- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
- Welcome to the N.H.K

All outstanding IMO, cept maybe TTGL.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Well, it would be a lot easier. Perhaps something like recommended watching?

If so I'd join and like to recommend:

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
- Mai-Hime
- Nodame Cantabile
- Samurai Champloo
- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
- Welcome to the N.H.K

All outstanding IMO, cept maybe TTGL.

I've only seen FMA KGNE and Nodame out of that list, and I'd definitely agree with those. Nodame Cantabile had me listening to classical for weeks. If you liked Nodame you'd probably like Honey & Clover, which is probably my overall favourite.

KGNE was really depressing to watch though T_T.

You'll have to cut your list down to 5 for me to add you though. Otherwise we'll end up with rediculously long lists XD.

·
Banned
2,135 Posts
Okay I'll stick with..

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
- Mai-Hime
- Nodame Cantabile
- Welcome to the N.H.K

Really recommend Welcome to the N.H.K! FMA is pretty popular, but I could watch it forever which I guess means I love it.

I have been watching Honey & Clover recently seems good so far.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
In.

EDIT: these are some of my favorites. I've watched alot.

-Code Geass
-Bleach
-Gundam (every one)
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Death Note
-Zoids
-Trinity Blood
-S-Cry-ed

Code:
[noparse][*]OmegaNemesis27 | Code Geass, Bleach, Gundam, Full Metal Alchemist, Zoids, Trinity Blood, S-Cry-ed |

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Hurray, an anime club! I'm in too!!

Edit: oh, right... favs..

Code Geass (S1 and R2)
Fate/Stay Night
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Destiny, 00

Code:

Code:
[*]sabermetrics| Code Geass (S1 and R2), Fate/Stay Night, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Destiny, 00|http://myanimelist.net/profile/sabermetrics

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I'm in.

-Code Geass (S1 & R2)
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Eureka seveN
-Death Note
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (kinda old but still pretty good)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Im in, also, if you want, i have made a genshiken type of club in the social groups area free for all to join.

BTW< i have watched far to many anime to list, used to do the aniDB thing but it just got too tedious. Used to write reviews on various sites as well but ive toned down the anime and such since i started college.

alot of the stuff within the past few years has been golden though. Kyoto animation stuff (Haruhi, luckystar, re-done version of kanon, etc). Still hold a place for titles like shin-chan and Eva and yes even moldiver(which was a horrible anime now that i think about it.)

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm in.

-Code Geass (S1 & R2)
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Eureka seveN
-Death Note
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (kinda old but still pretty good)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabermetrics View Post
Hurray, an anime club! I'm in too!!

Edit: oh, right... favs..

Code Geass (S1 and R2)
Fate/Stay Night
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Destiny, 00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shingetsu View Post
Im in, also, if you want, i have made a genshiken type of club in the social groups area free for all to join.

BTW< i have watched far to many anime to list, used to do the aniDB thing but it just got too tedious. Used to write reviews on various sites as well but ive toned down the anime and such since i started college.

alot of the stuff within the past few years has been golden though. Kyoto animation stuff (Haruhi, luckystar, re-done version of kanon, etc). Still hold a place for titles like shin-chan and Eva and yes even moldiver(which was a horrible anime now that i think about it.)
You guys are going to have to give me code because otherwise I'm going to spend half my time adding people.

Code:

Code:
[CODE][NOPARSE][*]Nick | Anime, Anime, Anime, Anime, Anime | Links[NOPARSE]
[/CODE]

I use WebAOM (saved to my hard drive) to organise my Anime on my hard drive, so it keeps my list up to date pretty easily.

Evangeleon. The ending... Ugh. I watched Eureka 7 very recently, it was great, took a while to get good though

I've seen a few bad shows though. Tenshi no Shippo (Angels Tail) - that show had more main charachters than episodes, it was terrible. I did laugh when they referenced it in Lucky Star mind.

Ever seen Penguin Musume? Possibly the most random thing ever.

Quote:
There were drugs in the buns that turn them into cats.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wouldnt worry about compiling a list of everyone and their favorite anime's as this changes constantly from person to person. Maybe just their 1 favorite at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shingetsu View Post
I wouldnt worry about compiling a list of everyone and their favorite anime's as this changes constantly from person to person. Maybe just their 1 favorite at the moment.
You don't have to list, and you can list up to 5, It's just because many, like me, can't choose just one. Especially cross-genre. It's just as a general idea.

It's more just about the list of people.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
done.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Code:

Code:
kingsnake2  |bleach |code geass | elfen lied| death note|  full metal alchemist| monster

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
I've read the manga's of several of the listed:

Bleach
Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Akira
Lovely Complex

That's all I can remember at the moment. I'm sposed to be up in 6 hours. Goddamned insomnia.

1 - 20 of 32436 Posts