Overclock.net banner
12821 - 12840 of 14849 Posts

·
Big Radiators!
825 Posts
Uninstall Aquasuite, disconnect your Aquaero from USB, connect your QUADRO to USB, reinstall Aquasuite and it will detect teh QUADRO and grab a new license for it. Then you can reconnect Aquaero to USB and retain all your settings.
You can have both QUADRO and Aquaero connected to USB separately and they will work just fine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Uninstall Aquasuite, disconnect your Aquaero from USB, connect your QUADRO to USB, reinstall Aquasuite and it will detect teh QUADRO and grab a new license for it. Then you can reconnect Aquaero to USB and retain all your settings.
You can have both QUADRO and Aquaero connected to USB separately and they will work just fine.
Thats interesting, will try that! Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hmmm, I've got a question. I run my Aquacomputer 6 XT and my Aquacomputer quadro. My 6 XT works fine, but my recently quadro I can't seem to get to work.

No matter if I connect it solo to the USB port of my mobo or together with my 6 XT. Nothing happends. It might be dead ;(
You can connect a 6 XT + quadro to 1 USB port on the mobo right? Although its a 5 and 4 pin. And both require 5 pins?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Hmmm, I've got a question. I run my Aquacomputer 6 XT and my Aquacomputer quadro. My 6 XT works fine, but my recently quadro I can't seem to get to work.

No matter if I connect it solo to the USB port of my mobo or together with my 6 XT. Nothing happends. It might be dead ;(

You can connect a 6 XT + quadro to 1 USB port on the mobo right? Although its a 5 and 4 pin. And both require 5 pins?

Both need to be connected via USB. I’ve had 2 Quadros stop working on me recently with no indication as to why.
Check the Quadro cables first as they can break easily otherwise yeah it might be dead.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Both need to be connected via USB. I’ve had 2 Quadros stop working on me recently with no indication as to why.
Check the Quadro cables first as they can break easily otherwise yeah it might be dead.
Right, but I got a MSI x99 godlike which offers 2 usb ports. It's your default one, 1 row 5 pin and 1 row 4 pin. You can connect 2 USB devices on them without any problems correct? So if one if the Aquaero 6 XT and one is the quadro that should work.

Yeah the cables are not the strongest, but I guess it's gonna be a RMA.

Attachments

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,665 Posts
Right, but I got a MSI x99 godlike which offers 2 usb ports. It's your default one, 1 row 5 pin and 1 row 4 pin. You can connect 2 USB devices on them without any problems correct? So if one if the Aquaero 6 XT and one is the quadro that should work.

Yeah the cables are not the strongest, but I guess it's gonna be a RMA.
Yes you can put two five pin USB cables to each motherboard USB header. Just be sure to connect it in the correct orientation. The arrow on the connector body of the five pin goes to the #1 pin.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Working on a new build using a 2 loop setup. I used Aquaero in the past but skipped it my last build and used the asus motherboard watercooling software. I thought it was reasonable but not great. My new build also has an asus motherboard which has the watercooling options on it.

I just saw the new D5 pump Aquaero offers and was wondering if its worth it to do a Aquaero set. If I did it I was planning on something like these parts.

Aquaero XT
Aquaero LT
2x D5 NEXT pump

Each loop will have 2x 560 rads with 8x 140mm fans. Case fans I am not set on atm, I have a Thermaltake wp200 with 2x p200 so I have room for about 22 fans on the case (I dont intent to use that many)

So those who are using Aquaero lately is it worth the switch? What other parts would I need.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love my Aquaero. It gives me amazing levels of monitoring and control of your system. It allows you to dial in on your cooling so you can run your system as quiet as you want, and then ramp it up as needed.
The D5 Next pumps were not out when I bought my parts so I will have to stick with my EKWB pump for now.

I would suggest the following Aquacomputer (AQ) parts

For each Loop:

At least 1x "AQ Flow sensor 'high flow' G1/4". This is a great sensor that is easy to use. My Aquaero 6 LT picked it up right away and it was up and running in a snap. Works great and I heard that it lasts a LOT longer then some other branded Flow Sensors.

You will also probably want at least 1x "AQ SPLITTY9 for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices" depending on how many amps your 8 fans will pull.
Per the manual: "The Aquaero 6 maximum current is 2.5 A per fan output independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V."
If your fans pull a lot of amps get additional SPLITTY9's. You have 8x fan PWM controls available between the two Aquaero's .

You will need various temp sensors; wet and dry. With two Aquaero's you can monitor up to 16 temp sensors.

If you are concerned about filtering I have heard this is a real good filter to have. It has built in valves so you clean the filter without draining the loop:
"AQ Filter with stainless steel mesh, ball valves and mounting plate G1/4"

Good Luck!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I love my Aquaero. It gives me amazing levels of monitoring and control of your system. It allows you to dial in on your cooling so you can run your system as quiet as you want, and then ramp it up as needed.
The D5 Next pumps were not out when I bought my parts so I will have to stick with my EKWB pump for now.

I would suggest the following Aquacomputer (AQ) parts

For each Loop:

At least 1x "AQ Flow sensor 'high flow' G1/4". This is a great sensor that is easy to use. My Aquaero 6 LT picked it up right away and it was up and running in a snap. Works great and I heard that it lasts a LOT longer then some other branded Flow Sensors.

You will also probably want at least 1x "AQ SPLITTY9 for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices" depending on how many amps your 8 fans will pull.
Per the manual: "The Aquaero 6 maximum current is 2.5 A per fan output independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V."
If your fans pull a lot of amps get additional SPLITTY9's. You have 8x fan PWM controls available between the two Aquaero's .

You will need various temp sensors; wet and dry. With two Aquaero's you can monitor up to 16 temp sensors.

If you are concerned about filtering I have heard this is a real good filter to have. It has built in valves so you clean the filter without draining the loop:
"AQ Filter with stainless steel mesh, ball valves and mounting plate G1/4"

Good Luck!
My understanding is the D5 NEXT pump has a temp and flow senor. Do I need an additional flow sensor per loop? I was planning on putting Calitemp sensors on on rad entrance, and one on rad exit per loop.

What I am planning atm

Aquaero 6 XT black/blue USB fan controller, graphic LCD, touch control, IR remote control
aquaero 6 LT USB fan controller
2x ULTITOP D5 pump cover for D5 pumps, G1/4
2x D5 NEXT pump
HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub
4x Temperature sensor 70 cm for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct
2x Connection cable for flow sensor, length 70 cm for aquaero/aquastream/poweradjust/D5 NEXT
4x Calitemp digital temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4 for aquaero 5/6
4x SPLITTY9 splitter for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices

This list look good? am I missing anything?

I have 2x EKWB D5 Pump Res RGB combo atm still in the box I just got the other day. The plan is to return those and just get the EKWB RGB Res and use the D5 NEXT pump with them. I like the way they look and I didnt see any Aquaero ones I liked. Is there any benifit to theirs except for the low sensor?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
My understanding is the D5 NEXT pump has a temp and flow senor. Do I need an additional flow sensor per loop? I was planning on putting Calitemp sensors on on rad entrance, and one on rad exit per loop.

What I am planning atm

Aquaero 6 XT black/blue USB fan controller, graphic LCD, touch control, IR remote control

2x D5 NEXT pump

2x Connection cable for flow sensor, length 70 cm for aquaero/aquastream/poweradjust/D5 NEXT

4x Calitemp digital temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4 for aquaero 5/6

This list look good? am I missing anything?

I have 2x EKWB D5 Pump Res RGB combo atm still in the box I just got the other day. The plan is to return those and just get the EKWB RGB Res and use the D5 NEXT pump with them. I like the way they look and I didnt see any Aquaero ones I liked. Is there any benifit to theirs except for the low sensor?

Temp sensor on the pump isn’t near the water so not that accurate, as to the flow meter in the pump you have to calibrate it by blocking the flow in your loop for 30 seconds I’d prefer not to do that and went high flow sensor instead.

Also using more then one calitemp on the Aquaero and you’ll need the Aquabusx4 device. If mounting the Aquaero in a front bay its poorly designed and will run into conflicts with the front bay mounts, if not mounting it and it’s fine.
You’ll likely need extras Aquabus cables as well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Temp sensor on the pump isn’t near the water so not that accurate, as to the flow meter in the pump you have to calibrate it by blocking the flow in your loop for 30 seconds I’d prefer not to do that and went high flow sensor instead.

Also using more then one calitemp on the Aquaero and you’ll need the Aquabusx4 device. If mounting the Aquaero in a front bay its poorly designed and will run into conflicts with the front bay mounts, if not mounting it and it’s fine.
You’ll likely need extras Aquabus cables as well.

So need

4x Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct
2x Flow sensor high flow USB G1/4 (not sure on this, like the idea of having it on the pump)

The extra cables are the thing I am not sure of what the pump comes with and what I need.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
So need

4x Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct

2x Flow sensor high flow USB G1/4 (not sure on this, like the idea of having it on the pump)

The extra cables are the thing I am not sure of what the pump comes with and what I need.

The D5 Next doesn’t come with cables to connect to the Aquaero.
You’ll need the Aquabus cable for Vision/D5 for that. You’ll need one for each D5 next you’re connecting.
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3487

Calitemp sensors don’t seem to be that much more accurate than the normal Aquacomputer inline sensors plus with the flimsy wiring they really are more trouble then they are worth. I have 4 of them myself with 10 of the inline ones and see less then a degree of difference for the most part.

·
Registered
268 Posts
2x D5 NEXT pump
since QUADRO is out, i dont see ANY reason to buy Aquaero. Not mentionig two aquaeros ... lol

They cost 280 euros (XT + LT), With 2 Quadros you can control 8 PWM channels, connect 2 aquabus devices, 8 temp sensors (2 included in package), 2 RGBpx LED, 2 flow sensors, and everything that for only 80 euros.

·
Registered
279 Posts
since QUADRO is out, i dont see ANY reason to buy Aquaero. Not mentionig two aquaeros ... lol

They cost 280 euros (XT + LT), With 2 Quadros you can control 8 PWM channels, connect 2 aquabus devices, 8 temp sensors (2 included in package), 2 RGBpx LED, 2 flow sensors, and everything that for only 80 euros.
Oh didn't know. So the QUADRO is basically a non display version of the Aquaero. I like the idea of hiding it inside the case, seems simpler.

2x QUADRO
2x Heatkiller 150mm Res (The D5 should connect directly to this right?)
2x D5 NEXT pump
HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub (Not sure I need this)
2x Aquacomputer Aquabus Cable, 4-Pin
4x Inline temp sensors
4x SPLITTY9 splitter for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices (2 for top of case, 2 of bottom)

Anything I am missing anything?

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Oh didn't know. So the QUADRO is basically a non display version of the Aquaero. I like the idea of hiding it inside the case, seems simpler
There is a lot more to Aquaero then Quadro so don't misunderstand that.

@ Shawnb99 You have Quadros right?

I know Quadro has its own tab but if you would to run Quadro independently does it have alarm actions and configurations and such. E.g. if you would run pump(s) or fan(s) and if any of them would to fail, would Quadro be able to automatically apply corresponding action that you have set, say... take over faulty hardware and work like nothing happen.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Ya been looking for a breakdown of the differences myself.
Well.. there is a significant difference in tab menu itself between Aquaero and Quadro it all depends on what you want to archive out of your hardware.

If you have small case and front 2.5" bay is a limitation , but you could fit Aquaero LT somewhere inside and you have the budget for it, I would get LT no doubt, more possibilities, expendability options for future proof hardware.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well.. there is a significant difference in tab menu itself between Aquaero and Quadro it all depends on what you want to archive out of your hardware.

If you have small case and front 2.5" bay is a limitation , but you could fit Aquaero LT somewhere inside and you have the budget for it, I would get LT no doubt, more possibilities, expendability options for future proof hardware.
Room isnt the issue, I have a huge case. I am doing 2 separate loops, 2 pumps etc. So from what I gather there is no advatage of the Quadro over the Aquaero LT except price correct?

Can you put 2 Aquaero 6 XT in a system and have each display data from each loop?

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Room isnt the issue, I have a huge case. I am doing 2 separate loops, 2 pumps etc. So from what I gather there is no advatage of the Quadro over the Aquaero LT except price correct?

Can you put 2 Aquaero 6 XT in a system and have each display data from each loop?
You could but Its not going to work well with Aquasuite unless you take the front of one of the XT's (I presume you have 2 of them already) and make the second aquaero slave unit.

If you have only one Aquaero XT get either PA3 (my personal preference but you need more units if more channels needed) or get Quadro, that way it will add additional channels and you can run several pumps and fans no problem and you can set all automated useful features and protection, there are endless possibilities.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You could but Its not going to work well with Aquasuite unless you take the front of one of the XT's (I presume you have 2 of them already) and make the second aquaero slave unit.

If you have only one Aquaero XT get either PA3 (my personal preference but you need more units if more channels needed) or get Quadro, that way it will add additional channels and you can run several pumps and fans no problem and you can set all automated features of protection, there is endless possibilities.
So getting a Aquaero 6 XT and 2x Quadro would work well? The Quadros would be near the pumps so cables can reach easier.

Plug the HUBBY7 to the motherboard USB
Plug the Aquaero 6 XT and 2x Quadro up to the HUBBY7
Plug the 2 pumps into one Quadro each (auqabus and flow sensor)
Plug the 4 in line temp sensors into whatever is closer Aquaero 6 XT or a Quadro
Plug the 4 temp sensors into whatever is closer Aquaero 6 XT or a Quadro
Plug the SPLITTY9 into whatever is closer Aquaero 6 XT or a Quadro

If this is correct cables I need for this, which don't come with the parts listed above.

2x Auqabus cables (One for each pump to a Quadro)
2x Flow meter cables (One for each pump to a Quadro)

Did I miss anything?

I am getting really close to ordering this, just want to make sure I got it all nailed down.

12821 - 12840 of 14849 Posts