Overclock.net banner

14601 - 14620 of 14625 Posts

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
The more AC gear you get the more complicated it is to get it all working. All 4 pumps, High flow next and a Quadro show up in Aquasuite, two Aqueros and 2nd Quadro are giving me USB errors . Both Aqueros are on a separate Hubby7, while the rest share another one. Just swapped the Aquero Hubby and still have the issue so swapping cables next I guess. Going to try them 1 by 1 this weekend in the hopes to having it all working.
If not I'll program each one and then leave them disconnected.

Strangely only one pump lists it as being controlled by Aquabus when two should be but the Aquero isn't showing as connected.
Something isn’t right.
Im running 1 D5Next, aqauero6 pro, quadro and Octo as well as Next flow no issues. I even have stacked powered hubs with the aquaero and Corsair RGB devices all coming off of a single MOBO header. Every header supports up to 127 devices. Only worry is power draw that shouldn’t be an issue if you are using the SATA power on the Hubby. Max power out of the port is 5A. I have everything on PSU powered NZXT hubs.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Something isn’t right.
Im running 1 D5Next, aqauero6 pro, quadro and Octo as well as Next flow no issues. I even have stacked powered hubs with the aquaero and Corsair RGB devices all coming off of a single MOBO header. Every header supports up to 127 devices. Only worry is power draw that shouldn’t be an issue if you are using the SATA power on the Hubby. Max power out of the port is 5A. I have everything on PSU powered NZXT hubs.
Yeah it appears it may be a faulty cable or something. When the hubby7 with both Aqueros connected I USB errors and have issues posting, once I disconnected it the issues went away. I'll try swapping out cables and hubs on the weekend see if I can pin point it down. We time consuming having to do them one by one, load windows and then repeat.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
K small change. New cable directly from MB to Aquaero and it's now showing up. So could of just been a bunch of faulty cables. Still need to get the Aquero in the pedestal showing up hopefully I don't have to take it all apart.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
K small change. New cable directly from MB to Aquaero and it's now showing up. So could of just been a bunch of faulty cables. Still need to get the Aquero in the pedestal showing up hopefully I don't have to take it all apart.
Yeah hopefully. That’s why I try to make it somewhat orderly in the back lacing cables by function but don’t really care what it looks like as a solid cover is going on it anyhow. The front side is another story.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Shoot an email to [email protected] in case they have a controller board left in stock. Long shot, but...
Gotta say im shocked, they replied back saying they have a controller they would sell and would need soldered on. Even sent me a picture of instruction! Looks like ill just do that since it cant hurt at this point. Ill order a NEXT d5 pump too while im at it so Ive got an extra just in case. I suppose since I have to get it shipped from them Im going to order some other things Ive been wanting like the hubby7, water filter and Id like to get new flow sensors. these have gotten much quieter but I can still hear the click and its bothering me. What flow sensor do you all reccomend that doesent make noise? Should I try their new highflow sensor 2?

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
Gotta say im shocked, they replied back saying they have a controller they would sell and would need soldered on. Even sent me a picture of instruction! Looks like ill just do that since it cant hurt at this point. Ill order a NEXT d5 pump too while im at it so Ive got an extra just in case. I suppose since I have to get it shipped from them Im going to order some other things Ive been wanting like the hubby7, water filter and Id like to get new flow sensors. these have gotten much quieter but I can still hear the click and its bothering me. What flow sensor do you all reccomend that doesent make noise? Should I try their new highflow sensor 2?
Yeah When I do an order from them I try and fill up that flat rate box to account for the shipping fee. Its a little high but I get it in like 3 days. I cant speak for the high flow sensor II, I used the original for a couple of years and now running the Next. Looks like they have some in stock so better jump on it as the Next sensors are hard to come by.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've used the MPS 400 flow sensor in the past and the built in temp sensor was janky to say the least. My new high flow next just arrived, wondering if I need to use my spare inline temp sensors, or is this one accurate enough to do without it?

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
I've used the MPS 400 flow sensor in the past and the built in temp sensor was janky to say the least. My new high flow next just arrived, wondering if I need to use my spare inline temp sensors, or is this one accurate enough to do without it?
It should be accurate to do without. I've gone without now

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
I still have a cali temp in the loop after components and its 0.3 C higher than the Next at Idle and the two are still less than 1C different under heavy load. Is it really necessary? Not really. I just want to see what the temps are at the point leaving my heat loads before they get cooled by rads for giggles. The Next appears accurate or at least pretty darn close. when I first crank up they are less than 0.1C different.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So a brand new Octo or Quadro now only comes with 6 months of free software/firmware upgrades (used to be two years). To say I have mixed feelings about this is an understatement. I guess they're running low on capital...

·
Registered
707 Posts
So a brand new Octo or Quadro now only comes with 6 months of free software/firmware upgrades (used to be two years). To say I have mixed feelings about this is an understatement. I guess they're running low on capital...
The licensing scheme has been active since November 2017.
The term of the license depends on the cost of the device:
  • aquaero XT: 30 months
  • aquaero PRO/LT & D5 NEXT: 18 months
  • all other devices: 6 months
The aquasuite is a large part of what makes the auacomputer devices. It is always unpleasant to face additional costs, but then I also want development updates to stay current. For me 15 EUR every 2 years is a fair price for a hobby item.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It should be accurate to do without. I've gone without now
I still have a cali temp in the loop after components and its 0.3 C higher than the Next at Idle and the two are still less than 1C different under heavy load. Is it really necessary? Not really. I just want to see what the temps are at the point leaving my heat loads before they get cooled by rads for giggles. The Next appears accurate or at least pretty darn close. when I first crank up they are less than 0.1C different.
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be retiring my calitemps + older sensors into the bin of extra stuff that may or may not be pulled to action. :ROFLMAO:

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be retiring my calitemps + older sensors into the bin of extra stuff that may or may not be pulled to action. :ROFLMAO:
I left the Cali temp in just to see two things, how the Next temp stacked up and the difference from when it leaves the pumps (Next Flow meter) and when it leaves the blocks (cali temp). But as you see from my post its nothing thats not expected. 1C under load higher before heading to rads. Ive always given the advice that the loop once its saturated is the same no matter where you measure it and thats still pretty accurate, 1C doesnt matter as thats after it leaves the blocks and it drops that 1C by the time it goes through the rads and back through the pumps. Some will argue that point but in the end one good accurate reliable sensor is all one really needs (add to that I didnt really want to redo the tubing run where the Cali temp is installed so it stayed).

Bin? LOL I have 3 sections of shelves in the basement. Cases, MOBOs, pumps, blocks, any wire you can think of, keyboards, mice, CPUs, GPUs, back up monitor etc.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
The aquasuite is a large part of what makes the auacomputer devices. It is always unpleasant to face additional costs, but then I also want development updates to stay current. For me 15 EUR every 2 years is a fair price for a hobby item.
Thats how it should be but Ive found its based on serial number. The last thing I bought was a Next Flow meter but an Octo goes out further. Regardless it will update everything with your license expiring on the last device. Right now Im sitting on August of this year for a D5 Next, the flow meter I just bought and its expiration is in June. I renewed my license last year on an aquaero pro before I added the rest of the stuff (D5Next, Next flow, Octo and quardro) and I didn't get any 2022 expiration date.

Either way its worth it to pay to play. Have to do the same with office 365, Adobe, AV etc anyhow. Same as membership in this forum to get rid of ads but Ill be damned as soon as a paid up I get greeted on every other login with a freakin captacha, what the fugg is that all about?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thats how it should be but Ive found its based on serial number. The last thing I bought was a Next Flow meter but an Octo goes out further. Regardless it will update everything with your license expiring on the last device. Right now Im sitting on August of this year for a D5 Next, the flow meter I just bought and its expiration is in June. I renewed my license last year on an aquaero pro before I added the rest of the stuff (D5Next, Next flow, Octo and quardro) and I didn't get any 2022 expiration date.

Either way its worth it to pay to play. Have to do the same with office 365, Adobe, AV etc anyhow. Same as membership in this forum to get rid of ads but Ill be damned as soon as a paid up I get greeted on every other login with a freakin captacha, what the fugg is that all about?
I took the license duration times right off the product pages from the aquacomputer web shop:
Notes on the aquasuite software:
When you activate this product you will receive the current version of the aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least thirty (30) months.
When you activate this product you will receive the current version of the aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least eighteen (18) months.
OCTO, QUADRO, HIGH FLOW NEXT, farbwerk 360 and all other devices that list in aquasuite:​
When you activate this product you will receive the current version of the aquasuite software including an upgrade service for at least six (6) months.
In the original POST introducing the licensing scheme there was an option for 1 year at 9.90 , or 2 years at 14.90 . but the current UPDATE page appears to have only the 1 year option.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
I have no doubt, I'm just stating My reality. My 6 pro I've had for awhile so can't make an argument there other than I did pay for a license renewal and it should be the one dictating my end of license but its not.
Quadro is about 6 months old, Octo and D5 next about 3 months old and I just put in the Nextflow less than a month ago. All purchased direct. Should go by activation date but I think it follows serial.

If memory serves me correctly i had plenty of time left on the 6 pro but put it in a new build and had to buy another license to download and activate the software and it gave me a hard time, had to open a ticket because it wouldn't finish the install.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I get what you're saying which i also why I said that I have mixed feelings about this. Let me explain: It's not cheap to have programmers and testers work on this stuff, and Aquasuite is probably the best software on the market that can perform the functions it does. However... This is a German product and in Germany, like the rest of the EU there's a two year warranty on all products (well with a few exceptions and the first 6 months are warranty and the remaining 18 months are a right for reclamation). So they offer two years of warranty on the hardware, but won't support the software for more than 6 months? That's really strange considering if there's a critical bug which makes the hardware not work properly, I have to pay more to get it fixed within the warranty period. To me this is just plain weird and I have not seen this kind of behaviour before and I find it disappointing.

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts
I get what you're saying which i also why I said that I have mixed feelings about this. Let me explain: It's not cheap to have programmers and testers work on this stuff, and Aquasuite is probably the best software on the market that can perform the functions it does. However... This is a German product and in Germany, like the rest of the EU there's a two year warranty on all products (well with a few exceptions and the first 6 months are warranty and the remaining 18 months are a right for reclamation). So they offer two years of warranty on the hardware, but won't support the software for more than 6 months? That's really strange considering if there's a critical bug which makes the hardware not work properly, I have to pay more to get it fixed within the warranty period. To me this is just plain weird and I have not seen this kind of behaviour before and I find it disappointing.
Definitely not the best way to market a product... but let me say, living in Germany, that's not a priority here.
You take what is the offer; not happy? Get lost. Go somewhere else, don't waste my time.
A cordial welcoming is something very rare in most of Germany.
This kind of behavior for software support for an hardware device is legit.
If there's a breaking bug and you can't use it at all when you bought it, that's covered by warranty.
It's a Dead On Arrival. But if it happens after your return period, means litigation.
Maybe you start using it after 6 months and a new Windows version is not compatible with the software you activated earlier?
That's your problem; you need to buy the upgrade.
It's not helping sales and not consumer friendly. But that's it.

14601 - 14620 of 14625 Posts