Overclock.net banner

14621 - 14640 of 14687 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Definitely not the best way to market a product... but let me say, living in Germany, that's not a priority here.
You take what is the offer; not happy? Get lost. Go somewhere else, don't waste my time.
A cordial welcoming is something very rare in most of Germany.
This kind of behavior for software support for an hardware device is legit.
If there's a breaking bug and you can't use it at all when you bought it, that's covered by warranty.
It's a Dead On Arrival. But if it happens after your return period, means litigation.
Maybe you start using it after 6 months and a new Windows version is not compatible with the software you activated earlier?
That's your problem; you need to buy the upgrade.
It's not helping sales and not consumer friendly. But that's it.
From my experience aquacomputer's after sale support is very good.
On the other hand, their communications has room for improvement, but as you stated, that may reflect a cultural difference in expectations.

Your point "Maybe you start using it after 6 months and a new Windows version is not compatible with the software you activated earlier?" is precisely what the licensing scheme attempts to address. The product you purchased worked when you installed it, with the system you install it in. If you modify the environment with newly developed options, you cannot expect an older product to work without additional development.

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
From my experience aquacomputer's after sale support is very good.
On the other hand, their communications has room for improvement, but as you stated, that may reflect a cultural difference in expectations.

Your point "Maybe you start using it after 6 months and a new Windows version is not compatible with the software you activated earlier?" is precisely what the licensing scheme attempts to address. The product you purchased worked when you installed it, with the system you install it in. If you modify the environment with newly developed options, you cannot expect an older product to work without additional development.
Exactly that :)
I don't mind, living in Germany from a few years so got used to it...
But being Italian, where a similar behavior wouldn't be acceptable, I was pretty shocked the first times!

If the product works when you buy it, that's all that matters legally.
There's still a lot of software that doesn't entitle you to any kind of upgrades when you buy it.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,157 Posts
Definitely not the best way to market a product... but let me say, living in Germany, that's not a priority here.
You take what is the offer; not happy? Get lost. Go somewhere else, don't waste my time.
If there's a breaking bug and you can't use it at all when you bought it, that's covered by warranty.
It's a Dead On Arrival. But if it happens after your return period, means litigation.
Maybe you start using it after 6 months and a new Windows version is not compatible with the software you activated earlier?
They do it like everyone else....because they can. It’s not overly expensive. Now if they were talking $100 USD for a 1 year renewal I’d just do without. Everything is already set up with the profiles loaded and the aquaero you don’t need the software to make changes, can do it through the screen or external controller, just no FW updates. I pay more for my office 365, Adobe which is expected and about twice as much for AV so it’s not a big deal. They have good products that seem to always be in demand. They did replace my OCTO after one of the software updates borked it completely, wouldn’t even work in standalone. That one I’m thinking was X24 screwed the pooch in a bad way. The fix for that was released quick like before they had to give away more hardware but came with a warning that popped up to unplug everything from devices before updating which I think was the only change at that point. They seem to have it straight now with X38, no need to unplug anything. I’m good until August at which point just before it expires I’ll do a clean install then pay for the year of license. That’s cheap compared to what we charge for out proprietary software. Very few are actually allowed to get it and the license fee is around $6000/year. When it expires it won’t launch at all, asks for new license and can only be installed on one machine. (Generates an environment code)

·
Registered
206 Posts
In the middle of integrating my new high flow NEXT into my loop and have a question regarding the power measurement and sensor placement. Can I place the NEXT after the rad and the external sensor before the rad or does the NEXT have to be on rad inlet? It sure would make my life easier if I can.

·
Registered
720 Posts
In the middle of integrating my new high flow NEXT into my loop and have a question regarding the power measurement and sensor placement. Can I place the NEXT after the rad and the external sensor before the rad or does the NEXT have to be on rad inlet? It sure would make my life easier if I can.
Your preference will work. The unit uses the absolute difference, it matters not which is high or low.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. My room not have temperature control some times becoming very hot. I am interested to operate the cooling from delta T normally and if area becoming hot he should target set water. I try alarm profile switch but it blip fan rpm. Some idea how to manage this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
so you can use the version you started with forever, but if you want to upgrade it you have to pay?

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
so you can use the version you started with forever, but if you want to upgrade it you have to pay?
Yes, there are a lot of details here where you can buy the update:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
D5 next came apart on me today. Hopefully it still works. Doesn’t look like I broke anything

Though got a good look at the temp sensor on it, sadly not one that touches the water like I thought

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
Though got a good look at the temp sensor on it, sadly not one that touches the water like I thought
Oh... that looks more like a pump temp sensor than a water temp sensor.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
On the AquaSuite for Quadro. What would cause the GPU software temp to not able to get a temp reading?

Noticed my GPU was hovering in the 70's because GPU software wasn't getting a temp. Made sure I increased the fallback fan speed just in case it happens again.

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
I recently updated HWinfo but it no longer shows up as a source for aquasuite. Has anyone else run into this issue? (2017 3.1)
Maybe cause in the last version 7.x the SHM is disabled by default.
You need to pay otherwise after a while, I think 12 hours, it will disabled itself.
Maybe consider to go back to 6.x version,

·
Registered
720 Posts
I recently updated HWinfo but it no longer shows up as a source for aquasuite. Has anyone else run into this issue? (2017 3.1)
The new version has the 'Shared Memory Support' option disabled as default (used to be enabled).
  • right click on the HWiNFO icon in the taskbar
  • click on 'Settings' and check 'Shared Memory Support'
  • If you are licensed, this needs be done one time after installation
  • if you are not licensed, you will need to reactivate every time you start, and every 12 hours of run-time

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maybe cause in the last version 7.x the SHM is disabled by default.
You need to pay otherwise after a while, I think 12 hours, it will disabled itself.
Maybe consider to go back to 6.x version,
The new version has the 'Shared Memory Support' option disabled as default (used to be enabled).
  • right click on the HWiNFO icon in the taskbar
  • click on 'Settings' and check 'Shared Memory Support'
  • If you are licensed, this needs be done one time after installation
  • if you are not licensed, you will need to reactivate every time you start, and every 12 hours of run-time
View attachment 2512161
Ok so now I understand why it would only show up for a bit. I guess I got to get an old version.

I guess problem is now trying to find v6.42 somewhere.

Thanks so much for the help guys, that was 100% the problem and finding a copy of 6.42 was the solution. Not paying $25 just to get my cpu temp, they are on crack.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ok so now I understand why it would only show up for a bit. I guess I got to get an old version.

I guess problem is now trying to find v6.42 somewhere.

Thanks so much for the help guys, that was 100% the problem and finding a copy of 6.42 was the solution.
Not paying $25 just to get my cpu temp, they are on crack.
I disagree, I find HWiNFO very useful, and am willing to support the effort. The initial $25.00 (renewals will be less) is a pitance compared to my total expenditure on this hobby, and well worth ensuring HWiNFO is available.

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,653 Posts
I disagree, I find HWiNFO very useful, and am willing to support the effort. The initial $25.00 (renewals will be less) is a pitance compared to my total expenditure on this hobby, and well worth ensuring HWiNFO is available.
Agreed! One of my favorite programs that I keep on display all the time.

14621 - 14640 of 14687 Posts