Overclock.net banner
14681 - 14700 of 14783 Posts

·
Old and Decrepit
2,323 Posts
The Next flow sensors seem to be harder to come by than the pumps. I placed an order for one at ModMyMods, the page said in stock and ready to ship. I got an email with order confirmation and they charged my card. A week later and still no ship notification. So I called and Sean or however he spells his name said they didn’t have any in stock and hadn’t had any for a few months. I had a screen capture of the in stock ready to ship and the order. They of course changed it to backorders accepted and swore that this is the way it’s been. I sent them the screen shot. Asked them when and they said had no idea when they would get stock and said they are normally drop shipped like most of their items. I’m like OK please refund and cancel the order. Then he drops the bombshell that it would cost me 10% to cancel the order. I’m like really dude? A couple of clicks with less time than what you just spent on the phone with me costs $10? I’m not paying for an order cancellation on something you showed as in stock and ready to ship. Told him I’ll take it up with my credit card company and he laughed and said good luck with that and hung up. Well Sean, joke is on you as they reversed the charges. They won’t get any more business from me! I ended up paying a slightly inflated price for one but it wasn’t horrible. Actually a little less than what it would have cost to order just the flow sensor and shipping direct from manufacturer. I do order direct some times but I make sure it either classifies for free shipping or I get as much as I can to fill up a box for the flat rate shipping charge. They always have stock at the manufacturer although they don’t list it for sale. When an aquasuite update bricked my OCTO they sent me a new one although stock on the webpage said none. They didn’t even want the old one back, said they know what happened and it’s useless. That release bricked a lot of devices and was taken down. First they said you have to unplug everything from the device then they fixed it and a new release works fine. I imagine they sent out a lot of replacement devices. The complaints I’ve seen posted pretty much were just OCTOs and QUADROs from a hosed up firmware update.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Next flow sensors seem to be harder to come by than the pumps. I placed an order for one at ModMyMods, the page said in stock and ready to ship. I got an email with order confirmation and they charged my card. A week later and still no ship notification. So I called and Sean or however he spells his name said they didn’t have any in stock and hadn’t had any for a few months. I had a screen capture of the in stock ready to ship and the order. They of course changed it to backorders accepted and swore that this is the way it’s been. I sent them the screen shot. Asked them when and they said had no idea when they would get stock and said they are normally drop shipped like most of their items. I’m like OK please refund and cancel the order. Then he drops the bombshell that it would cost me 10% to cancel the order. I’m like really dude? A couple of clicks with less time than what you just spent on the phone with me costs $10? I’m not paying for an order cancellation on something you showed as in stock and ready to ship. Told him I’ll take it up with my credit card company and he laughed and said good luck with that and hung up. Well Sean, joke is on you as they reversed the charges. They won’t get any more business from me! I ended up paying a slightly inflated price for one but it wasn’t horrible. Actually a little less than what it would have cost to order just the flow sensor and shipping direct from manufacturer. I do order direct some times but I make sure it either classifies for free shipping or I get as much as I can to fill up a box for the flat rate shipping charge. They always have stock at the manufacturer although they don’t list it for sale. When an aquasuite update bricked my OCTO they sent me a new one although stock on the webpage said none. They didn’t even want the old one back, said they know what happened and it’s useless. That release bricked a lot of devices and was taken down. First they said you have to unplug everything from the device then they fixed it and a new release works fine. I imagine they sent out a lot of replacement devices. The complaints I’ve seen posted pretty much were just OCTOs and QUADROs from a hosed up firmware update.
Oh wow, which firmware update should I be careful of?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Also have a separate question: can I plug TWO single row usb connectors (like the Aquacomputer stuff) into the SAME usb header? The top and bottom row pinouts seem to be the same.

·
Registered
262 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: blitzraider

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,659 Posts
Also have a separate question: can I plug TWO single row usb connectors (like the Aquacomputer stuff) into the SAME usb header? The top and bottom row pinouts seem to be the same.
View attachment 2513772 View attachment 2513773
As mentioned yes you can... but be sure to plug it in correctly since it can be plugged in backwards. Just in case you do not know the two black wires and there should be an arrow on the connector over the outer most black wire goes over the missing pin on the motherboard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did y'all remove the label on the Aquaero right side of the PCB prior to installing the heatsink? I'm not sure if there are any components on that side to cool.

·
Still here...
4,769 Posts
The Next flow sensors seem to be harder to come by than the pumps. I placed an order for one at ModMyMods, the page said in stock and ready to ship. I got an email with order confirmation and they charged my card. A week later and still no ship notification. So I called and Sean or however he spells his name said they didn’t have any in stock and hadn’t had any for a few months. I had a screen capture of the in stock ready to ship and the order. They of course changed it to backorders accepted and swore that this is the way it’s been. I sent them the screen shot. Asked them when and they said had no idea when they would get stock and said they are normally drop shipped like most of their items. I’m like OK please refund and cancel the order. Then he drops the bombshell that it would cost me 10% to cancel the order. I’m like really dude? A couple of clicks with less time than what you just spent on the phone with me costs $10? I’m not paying for an order cancellation on something you showed as in stock and ready to ship. Told him I’ll take it up with my credit card company and he laughed and said good luck with that and hung up. Well Sean, joke is on you as they reversed the charges. They won’t get any more business from me! I ended up paying a slightly inflated price for one but it wasn’t horrible. Actually a little less than what it would have cost to order just the flow sensor and shipping direct from manufacturer.
Sorry to necro this, but just got an order in from ModMyMods that included one each Watercool D5-DUALTOP Industrial Line Pump Top and was supposed to include two each Watercool WCP D5-PWM Pumps for it, but there was only one pump in the box. Left a VM for them and sent them an email, but I'm not sure I like the trend.

From now on I'll likely just order directly from manufacturers where I can to avoid bs like this in the future. It's not the first time I've gotten less than optimal service from them, and I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

·
Still here...
4,769 Posts
I gave them the benefit once. They screwed up an order long ago and the only reason I tried them with the Next Flowmeter is their webpage said in stock and ready to ship. Then they pulled a texas two step on me.
I actually got a fairly nice, apologetic email and a call back from their warehouse manager Josh about an hour after I posted that, and they sent me the missing pump express before their FEDEX pickup yesterday. So there's that. Though I wanted to add the parts to my bench this weekend, what with the mess everything is in here and elsewhere worldwide, I didn't dwell on it too long.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,323 Posts
Glad you got a better result with them then I did. I think I spoke to Josh once some time ago over a different matter. Sean had a very unprofessional tone from the get go and the laughing at me and hanging up not only chapped my a$$, the charges were reversed and a hit from the BBB and FTC. All because he wanted to charge me $10 to click,,,,cancel after the webpage said in stock and ready to ship.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Building a new water cooling rig. Putting a 3990x in there. Having a hard time finding in stock Aquero 6 heat sinks. Think that's a sign the 7 is coming soon?

My Aquero in my current system can support 21 fans, pump, and flow sensor. Can the OCTO do that too?

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Think that's a sign the 7 is coming soon?
I think the 6 might be the last one they make. Really no need for a front bay device, plus Octo or Quadro can do almost everything the Aquero can do. Little reason for an Aquabus hub.
I find myself using mine less and less

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I think the 6 might be the last one they make. Really no need for a front bay device, plus Octo or Quadro can do almost everything the Aquero can do. Little reason for an Aquabus hub.
I think so too. I want to replace my 6lt with octo as 6lt is too big

·
Old and Decrepit
2,323 Posts
What is the default % for fans connected to the PWM of an OCTO when you first turn it on?
Honestly can’t recall but it doesn’t take long to set up the curves or a manual static speed. There is also an option to boost on start up that will ramp the chennels to 100% then drop back down. You can disable that. You can program in min and max speeds of the fan then use either a static speed a curve and there’s one more that’s slipping me ATM. All of mine are on curves. Rads use liquid temp for a reference and ventilation fans use internal case temp sensor as a reference. The ventilation fans generally stay pretty low as the rad fans move plenty of air through the case. Then I have to 140s in the basement exhausting the 420 that’s down there isolated from the top of the case. Those are on a curve based on the temp in the basement as I have the 420 pushing through the 420 but the fans are pulling fresh air in from the bottom with the rad on top of them. The air will get pushed out either way but adding a couple of fans in there just helps getting the rad exhaust air out of the case. They generally stay pretty low as well.

But yeah set your min and max speed and then your preferred control method. Personally I don’t see any point in a static speed when you can run a curve that will ramp them up as the temps increase. I love the aqauacomputer products. Nothing on the market matches controllability and hysteresis. Nice slow even ramps up and down. No over shooting and cycling up and down and up and down and up and down repeatedly like the Corsair commander pro and every MOBO control I’ve tried.
I’m still using an aquaero 6pro. Just yanked the bay brackets off of it and put it in the back of the case on the bottom. It comes in handy when you use it for pump controls and just want to fill a loop without powering on anything else. It’s accessible so I can take a spare PSU and plug the pumps in and the molex to the controller then just the 24 pin ATX with the power on jumper plug in and can just use the PSU switch on and off while filling. No need to pull all the other crap out. Having a spare PSU helps, I have a couple that I’m not using. One is a Corsair AX1200i that I bought initially and the PSU calculator is a lying MOFO. Upped to an AX1500i and ran that for a year but my machine pushes that to the edge. When the AX1600i came outside with the gallium nitride transistors I couldn’t help myself and had to get one although they aren’t cheap. The voltage on it is steady as a rock though all step loads and the fan rarely comes on and when it does you can’t hear it over the rad fans that have kicked it up a notch over the increased load. My biggest surprised is the AX1600i is actually smaller in physical dimensions than thr 1200 and 1500! Gallium transistors in action shrinking the package. Only PITA is if you ordered custom cables from the pervious versions the 24 pin connection at the PSU has more pins so different cable. That sucked a little so had to run ugly cable that is in a sleeve but looks like crap on both ends when the wires just explode in different directions. Had to run that for better than a month as the only way to get a cable mods cable to match what I have was to order it direct and that takes awhile. I don’t think it takes them long to make it but they ship slow boat from China Via UAE shipping service, I’m guessing to avoid import tarriffs. Everything I’ve ordered direct is at least a month to get.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Octo seems to be sold out everywhere, but Aquacomputer. MPS flow 400 is out of stock for two months too.

Is there an alternative high flow flow meter? Don't really want to wait two months to finish my machine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Honestly can’t recall but it doesn’t take long to set up the curves or a manual static speed. There is also an option to boost on start up that will ramp the chennels to 100% then drop back down. You can disable that. You can program in min and max speeds of the fan then use either a static speed a curve and there’s one more that’s slipping me ATM. All of mine are on curves. Rads use liquid temp for a reference and ventilation fans use internal case temp sensor as a reference. The ventilation fans generally stay pretty low as the rad fans move plenty of air through the case. Then I have to 140s in the basement exhausting the 420 that’s down there isolated from the top of the case. Those are on a curve based on the temp in the basement as I have the 420 pushing through the 420 but the fans are pulling fresh air in from the bottom with the rad on top of them. The air will get pushed out either way but adding a couple of fans in there just helps getting the rad exhaust air out of the case. They generally stay pretty low as well.

But yeah set your min and max speed and then your preferred control method. Personally I don’t see any point in a static speed when you can run a curve that will ramp them up as the temps increase. I love the aqauacomputer products. Nothing on the market matches controllability and hysteresis. Nice slow even ramps up and down. No over shooting and cycling up and down and up and down and up and down repeatedly like the Corsair commander pro and every MOBO control I’ve tried.
I’m still using an aquaero 6pro. Just yanked the bay brackets off of it and put it in the back of the case on the bottom. It comes in handy when you use it for pump controls and just want to fill a loop without powering on anything else. It’s accessible so I can take a spare PSU and plug the pumps in and the molex to the controller then just the 24 pin ATX with the power on jumper plug in and can just use the PSU switch on and off while filling. No need to pull all the other crap out. Having a spare PSU helps, I have a couple that I’m not using. One is a Corsair AX1200i that I bought initially and the PSU calculator is a lying MOFO. Upped to an AX1500i and ran that for a year but my machine pushes that to the edge. When the AX1600i came outside with the gallium nitride transistors I couldn’t help myself and had to get one although they aren’t cheap. The voltage on it is steady as a rock though all step loads and the fan rarely comes on and when it does you can’t hear it over the rad fans that have kicked it up a notch over the increased load. My biggest surprised is the AX1600i is actually smaller in physical dimensions than thr 1200 and 1500! Gallium transistors in action shrinking the package. Only PITA is if you ordered custom cables from the pervious versions the 24 pin connection at the PSU has more pins so different cable. That sucked a little so had to run ugly cable that is in a sleeve but looks like crap on both ends when the wires just explode in different directions. Had to run that for better than a month as the only way to get a cable mods cable to match what I have was to order it direct and that takes awhile. I don’t think it takes them long to make it but they ship slow boat from China Via UAE shipping service, I’m guessing to avoid import tarriffs. Everything I’ve ordered direct is at least a month to get.
Well its just I'll have 17 fans hooked up and if they're gonna blast at 100% until I can install windows I'd be better off hooking up the octo to my current pc just to set it up.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
What is the default % for fans connected to the PWM of an OCTO when you first turn it on?
I believe it's 100% until you get into Windows to program it. Also 17 fans at max is nothing, depending on the fans of course. I only had 64 running at max until I could program all mine. It's not that bad

14681 - 14700 of 14783 Posts