Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not seen this news anywhere else so far, so I am covering it as an OCN originally sourced article.

Battlelog is no more! It seems the browser based Battlefield3/4/Hardline service has shut down in the USA without any announcement. Battlelog has been down for about a week now, yet players can still enjoy BF4 through the newly merged BF1/4 launcher. Infact, the current BF1/4 .exe's even work with Steam streaming (so long as you don't have Origin running when you launch through Steam). With this new interface in mind, it seems safe to assume that the next battlefield title will be added into this new cross-over interface. For now, it would be anyone's guess as to why EA spent this much time retrofitting the BF4 interface unless they intend to build a strong cross-over community based on the existing games. One can only assume this new BF interface is here to stay and meant to serve as a long standing platform for the Battlefield franchise going forward.
Wide speculation among investors has many wondering what EA's next move will be. Many are highly interested to see if Microsoft intends to follow through on their rumored EA bid, while many others are waiting to see if EA can regain the trust of gamers let down by the Battlefront 2 fiasco.
Google

Attachments

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
Interesting,
The browser plug was annoying at times, mostly when setting up a new windows install, but once it was working it was great to be able to load everything while still being able to browse etc and then jump into the game for only the last few seconds of load time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
It has been like this for a while now, I think ever since they launched Battlefront II.

Personally I miss being able to play a match while Alt+Tabbing out to see if a more preferable server has space available.

The focus groups probably said this will make EA more money.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think this is a bad move. The in-game interface sucks imho. Server search is always busted and favorite/previous server list(s) don't work.

I have trouble with Orgin friend list too. But that is a different topic.

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
What about BF3? How do we play that now? I highly doubt they've shut it down. Probably just technical difficulties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts