Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news everyone! We beat the previous record set only about a week ago! The bad news however is that Z and Chris will not expect a lot more out of us during the foldathon

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Exact reason peeps should be buying 570 and 580's instead of ATI...Just for folding purposes...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider_2001
View Post

Exact reason peeps should be buying 570 and 580's instead of ATI...Just for folding purposes...

There's a new client coming out soon which will better support ATI cards

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomfix
View Post

really looking forward to them. I'm only getting about 27k PPD on my two computers. I'd love a big boost folding with my two 6870's

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Quote:

View Post

And how long have we already been waiting on a client that will allow ATI's to fold at their full potential (or at least at a similar level to an nVidia card)?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Powelly
View Post

And how long have we already been waiting on a client that will allow ATI's to fold at their full potential (or at least at a similar level to an nVidia card)?

Not sure, It's coming out sometime in March right?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster34
View Post

Hopefully the ati client will boost ocn's ppd dramatically. I will be adding an additional 4-5k ppd as of today.

I would fold on my ATI 6870 but everytime i put in -forcegpu ati_r700 or r800 and start up [email protected] GPU client it will say loading for 5 seconds then it will close :/ it's a real pain in the a*se and I don't know how to fix it

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Really? I hope they support them fairly well. Just think, all the the people on the EVGA team have only nvidia cards, but there are a lot of potential folders on OCN with ATI/AMD cards. If the AMD cards get any decent PPD, I sense a #1 ranked OCN in the near future. Come on Standford, hurry up and get the client out before the CC so we can clean house!!!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muels7
View Post

Really? I hope they support them fairly well. Just think, all the the people on the EVGA team have only nvidia cards, but there are a lot of potential folders on OCN with ATI/AMD cards. If the AMD cards get any decent PPD, I sense a #1 ranked OCN in the near future. Come on Standford, hurry up and get the client out before the CC so we can clean house!!!

We should, Nvidia may have Cuda and PhysX but ATI card's have more shader processing core's which be an advantage hopefully

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
All part of our long term plan to get to 10mill PPD, hopefully, before the ATi client is released.

If we manage that, when ATi clients are released, we should be able to close the gap between us and [H] (4mil PPD) and Evga (8mil PPD).

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Not sure, It's coming out sometime in March right?

They were saying Q1 2010, that was after a year of them saying its coming. I gave up and sold my 5850.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

All part of our long term plan to get to 10mill PPD, hopefully, before the ATi client is released.

If we manage that, when ATi clients are released, we should be able to close the gap between us and [H] (4mil PPD) and Evga (8mil PPD).

Hopefully we can catch [H] and then on to EVGA.

On a somewhat related note, EOC predicts less than 2 months until we are in 3rd.

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
Yup, first week of March... though I'd expect OCF to put up a fight.
tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 30 Posts