·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:::: DIGG THIS ARTICLE ::::

Guests Please Join (It's quick & easy)
We want your two cents

MASSIVE BREAKING NEWS:

Creative has FAILED, and hard....there is another news thread about how Creative quite frankly, failed.... no word in the English language can describe just how hard they failed... come next week, Creative stocks may not be worth the paper they are printed on.... In case you didn't know, it is HUGE! In less than 72 hours, Creative's forums have been run amok!! Over 100 pages of replies, and over 170,000 views in less than 72 hours just for the OP of one thread..... all 100 pages basically say the same thing over and over: You just lost a customer, I will no longer promote/sell/recommend your product, and you fail.

This is the thread that I first heard about Creative's massive FAIL...

This is the OP that started it all over at Creative....

Quote:
Daniel_K:

We are aware that you have been assisting owners of our Creative sound cards for some time now, by providing unofficial driver packages for Vista that deliver more of the original functionality that was found in the equivalent XP packages for those sound cards. In principle we don't have a problem with you helping users in this way, so long as they understand that any driver packages you supply are not supported by Creative. Where we do have a problem is when technology and IP owned by Creative or other companies that Creative has licensed from, are made to run on other products for which they are not intended. We took action to remove your thread because, like you, Creative and its technology partners think it is only fair to be compensated for goods and services. The difference in this case is that we own the rights to the materials that you are distributing. By enabling our technology and IP to run on sound cards for which it was not originally offered or intended, you are in effect, stealing our goods. When you solicit donations for providing packages like this, you are profiting from something that you do not own. If we choose to develop and provide host-based processing features with certain sound cards and not others, that is a business decision that only we have the right to make.

Although you say you have discontinued your practice of distributing unauthorized software packages for Creative sound cards we have seen evidence of them elsewhere along with donation requests from you. We also note in a recent post of yours on these forums, that you appear to be contemplating the release of further packages. To be clear, we are asking you to respect our legal rights in this matter and cease all further unauthorized distribution of our technology and IP. In addition we request that you observe our forum rules and respect our right to enforce those rules. If you are in any doubt as to what we would consider unacceptable then please request clarification through one of our forum moderators before posting.

Phil O'Shaughnessy
VP Corporate Communications
Creative Labs Inc.

UPDATE: They (Creative) changed the first post on April 1 to say:

Quote:
We have read the strong feedback about Creative's forum post regarding driver development by Daniel_k and other outside parties. Creative's message posted on our behalf by our Company spokesperson tried to address our concern about the improper distribution of certain software which is the property of other companies. However, we did not make it as clear as we would have liked that we do support driver development by independent third parties. The huge task of developing driver updates to accommodate the many changes in the Vista operating system and the extensive testing required, including the lengthy Vista certification requirements for audio, makes it very difficult for Creative to develop updates for all past products. Outside developers have been very helpful to Creative and our customers by developing updates for many of our Sound Blaster products, and we do support and appreciate these efforts. This however does not extend to the unauthorized distribution of other companies' property. We hope to work out a mutually agreeable method for working with Daniel_k in supporting his efforts in driver development. Going forward, we are committed to doing a better job of working more closely with third parties to support their development for our products and our customers.
Here is "Newegg's post" may be a rumor apparently removed by Creative... see this site... the user profile shows [email protected] as the registered email addy, and they send a confirmation before you can post, so I for one believe it but there is a decent possibility it is fake; take it with a grain of salt...
Quote:

To Whom it May Concern:
Quote:

While it is not our place to condemn the decisions of Creative regarding this issue, our customers come first. That being said, it has come to our attention that many of our customers are not happy with the products Creative has released nor the support for those products. To wit, we have processed nearly 5,000 return orders within the past 48 hours. While it is not normally in our best interest to publically comment in a manufacturer's forum, the overwhelming concensus has left us little choice. As such, effective tommorow morning newegg.com will suspend sales of the sound cards in question, particularly those indicated as "Vista compatible", pending an investigation into the matter. Those of you whom recently ordered such a card will still recieve your product as indicated in any relevant conversations. While we regret this abrupt decision, it has been deemed neccessary to protect the interest of our consumers. We welcome contact from Creative as soon as is possible so that we may resolve this issue.
http://www.newegg.com
[email protected]

HELPFUL LINKS:
Print Help And FAQs:
http://www.newegg.com/Info/FAQHome.aspx
Our Contact Information:
http://www.newegg.com/Info/ContactUs.aspx
Update Account:
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/MyAccount/AccountModify.asp
Message Edited by newegg on 03-30-2008 03:09 PM
THIS is the state of their forums!!! New threads everywhere named "FAIL Creative", or "you lost another customer", or "Get Dan K's drivers here" (full of torrent links), and even a thread dedicated to a class action against Creative!

Please sign this petition if you agree with it

Hurry up and see before it all gets torn asunder by mods and admins over @ Creative

OTHER SOURCES:

Boycott Creative

Mirror of the Creative thread, including deleted posts: http://creative.edited.us

See also THIS THREAD... devoted to epic Creative card destruction! An Audigy 2 absolutely butchered... you can also Digg those pics here

UPDATE: Get Dan K's drivers @ http://hosted.filefront.com/braziliantech/

:::: DIGG THIS ARTICLE PLEASE ::::
EDIT: OVER 3,000 Diggs, woot

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Creative really needs to shapen up or they are going to find themselves going bankrupt soon. As it is I would not buy another creative card because I refuse to support a company like that.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Newegg + Customers - 1, Creative - -1

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiratesRule View Post
I'll believe it when it says so on Neweggs site. Plus I just checked and I can still buy one.

They said it would be effective tommorow.... also, go to the post and click on the user name... the profile shows [email protected] as the registered email addy, and you must confirm in order to do it. Unless someone has some 1337 hax0r skills, it's legit

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3ap3R View Post
They said it would be effective tommorow.... also, go to the post and click on the user name... the profile shows [email protected] as the registered email addy, and you must confirm in order to do it. Unless someone has some 1337 hax0r skills, it's legit

Yeah, I just noticed the "tomorrow" part. If true, my props to Newegg.

I wonder if I should return my Auzentech X-Fi Prelude...

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiratesRule
View Post

I'll believe it when it says so on Neweggs site. Plus I just checked and I can still buy one.

Quote:

As such, effective tommorow morning newegg.com will suspend sales of the sound cards in question

We'll know tomorrow if it is true, but it most likely is true because they need to have access to that email to post with it.

EDIT: Was a little late, I see you edited your post

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
NewEgg wins.

(To Creative): Fatal1ty.

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

We'll know tomorrow if it is true, but it most likely is true because they need to have access to that email to post with it.

EDIT: Was a little late, I see you edited your post

I want to remind everyone you can make it look like an email is coming from an address it really isn't. I am not familiar with the method of doing it but it is possible and Yahoo! mail even has a filter for it.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This user's post sums it up nicely:

Quote:

Even the Titanic sank.. Though you Creative are not on your maiden voyage...you have built a awesome business with a product that worked and people (customers) that supported you. Sailing away becoming a "Legend" in your own minds...Your company has got a big head thinking you now are undistructable. Daniel_K was picking up where you left off...where you dropped support. He was forum hit...OUR "magic" man....

By not heading the issues of YOUR SUPPORTERS..you too will go down like the Titanic. The Creative 'bashing' does not end in just this forum....YOU now made a tidal wave of commotion on the whole internet. The letter that you sent Daniel_K..is now probably the most read thing at this time...and it is showing people..your customers (past & present)..how you drop support to make another quick buck.

We all realize that your chip is also in a competitors brand..who im sure we will all ignore also. As there is a NEW MAN stepping up...A player who has been in the business for a long time also....a Famous MOTHERBOARD manufacturer (hint 4 letters and starts with an A) that has one hell of a nice looking soundcard.

You now have found your iceberg (Danile_K & all your customers)...Read the forums...you pissed many off...and theres no one to blame, but yourselfs for lack of FEEDBACK, DRIVERS & SUPPORT.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts

Hehe.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Licht
View Post

I want to remind everyone you can make it look like an email is coming from an address it really isn't. I am not familiar with the method of doing it but it is possible and Yahoo! mail even has a filter for it.

but surely that addy is registered to newegg.... can't imagine they left it open

1 - 20 of 1109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.