Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 1052 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OCN's OFFICIAL DNB CLUB

Hooked on the effects of DnB? then this is the thread for you. Whether you listen to downtempo DnB, Jungle, Breakbeat, Darkbeat, or whatever else, post here and let people know that you are down with DnB!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AiIWrXczccicdEZNajdZZU8xTXF0MTd5bHpvcng5ZVE&w=18&h=500 Google Spreadsheet

OCN DNB Club Group Link

>> Special thanks goes out to the original OP and DNB club founder Spazghost for passing on the torch, and forum audio editor Soloz2 for making it happen.

Warning: Listeners of Drum & Bass (DnB) may experience the following side effects: uncontrollable muscle spasms (dancing), escalated stereo use, a desire to move to England, and, in cases of severe breakbeat deprivation, frequent nosebleeds. Women who are pregnant should not listen to DnB. If you are not sure if DnB is right for you, please consult your DJ.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
im down with DnB hha

Im trying to find some more music though, my collection only consists of a few songs ATM.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
im down with DnB hha

Im trying to find some more music though, my collection only consists of a few songs ATM.
If you wanna drop me a PM, I can hook you up with the names of some good stuff later tonight when I get home from work.

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Hell yea i'm down with D&B!!

Here are a few song for you guys!

I think the song DJ Hype - True Playaz Vibe ft. swazigirl is MINT when it kicks in but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the net to share it, my mate just went to see DJ Hype in Newcastle, not too far away, unforchantly I had no money

Man I wish I was into drum and bass when I had my sound system (with good sub) in the car, I used to play dance back then looking for intense bass, I found some nice bass and thought it was very good then but now I have discovered way better chest rattling bass, Drum And Bass!!

I recommend anyone from the True Playaz record label, look it up and the artists that are on the label.

It's a shame, there are loads of songs on my iTunes i would like you guys to hear but I can't find them anywhere on youtube, I got them from a mates external hard drive, he had like 14gb of D&B alone

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think DJ Hazard is on True Playaz, don't quote me on that though. His Machete Bass EP was really good, I like the track Killers Don't Die that is on it.

And wow, 14GB is alot of DnB... I've only got about 8GB of DnB myself

Edit: o_O... Sin did you edit your post while I was responding? lol

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sin, your friend who saw Hype is really lucky

Hype is amazing... did for DnB what Oakenfold did for trance, imo

I'm seeing Pendulum on October 5th, should be awesome

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I can be the drum if someone can be the bass! =D

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spazghost
View Post

Sin, your friend who saw Hype is really lucky

Hype is amazing... did for DnB what Oakenfold did for trance, imo

I'm seeing Pendulum on October 5th, should be awesome

I plan to see Pendulum at the end of October. They're playing twice in NYC.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

I plan to see Pendulum at the end of October. They're playing twice in NYC.

Speaking of Pendulum, he gets the award for the best music video ever.

Shot you a PM dude

·
Registered
566 Posts
I believe that first music video is fanmade. Not sure though, I'm at work so I can't actually watch it to see if it is the same one. But if it is the one of the fat guy dancing shirtless in the street, I'm pretty sure it's fanmade.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i DL some Pendulum this afternoon. I really like this style of music. In the past i used to listen to Bass music(noise) in my vehicle and ive always been a fan of Techno type music. I cant wait for the next time i drive so i can listen to Drum & Bass pound.
This is my current set up. I havent bought anything new for a long time.

+Rep for the new music.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spazghost
View Post

I think DJ Hazard is on True Playaz, don't quote me on that though. His Machete Bass EP was really good, I like the track Killers Don't Die that is on it.

And wow, 14GB is alot of DnB... I've only got about 8GB of DnB myself

Edit: o_O... Sin did you edit your post while I was responding? lol

I've got 1GB of DnB

But over 20GB of electro/minimal
And like 15GB of live sets

I prefer electro for parties, but love dnb to chill.

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
D&B to chill?

Yea there are defiantly chilling drum and bass but man, THE most party music has gotta be drum and bass, no other music can provide as much thumping hard hitting bass.

Rave on!

·
~Dum Vivimus Bibamus~
938 Posts
Mmm I'm down like a clown. I like it all, funky, hard, fast, chill, whatever. "Beats and waves will take me to my grave."

I got to see Pendulum last year at WEMF 07, saw Tech Itch (missed Dieselboy
), and Soundmurderer (very twisted, Aphex Twin-esque) at DEMF 08. Andy C was pretty freakin nuts live, too. We saw some face-melters at a DEMF afterparty but I couldn't drop a name, my memory is uh... bad.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

Speaking of Pendulum, he gets the award for the best music video ever.

It was originally a group... and now they have expanded to be a band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin100
View Post

D&B to chill?

Yea there are defiantly chilling drum and bass but man, THE most party music has gotta be drum and bass, no other music can provide as much thumping hard hitting bass.

Rave on!

Download LTJ Bukem if you want "atmospheric drum n bass"

I also recommend High Contrast for some jazzy chill DnB.

1 - 20 of 1052 Posts