Overclock.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
LTSC for life crew
2,870 Posts
Wow some certainly harsh discussion at the beginning of the thread. Sounds like it was all worked out though.

This monitor looks pretty darn great. May very well be what I pick for my next display upgrade. The nice 240Hz + high res all bundled together is something I've been looking forward to for at least the last few years!

Also, I laughed at the part where bluedevil brought up the join date. Makes me feel old(er) myself. 06'ers rule lol.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Currently shows unavailable on Amazon...

I pre-order the 32" G7 on amazon and the release date was moved from 7/13/2020 to estimated 8/4/2020-8/20/20 :'(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welp...another thing I just discovered was gsync issues...apparently freesync monitors are limited to a refresh rate range and once it drops below that...the gsync deactivates...and if your framerate happens to be near this threshold (like 60Hz for the 27" version or 80Hz for the 32") then you get some kind of flickering issue...
I guess I've been spoiled by true gsync monitors and their ability to go as low as 1Hz without issue. Damn, this was so close to being the perfect monitor...

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am wondering if they are being pushed out due to quality control issues. for folks that have one, I see a lot of them with concerns (more then excitement)

Thanks @bluedevil for the direct purchase link, but it still says 8.15.20 for delivery. (Will get via amazon as returns will likely be easier.)

My hope is they are making some improvements... else I may upgrade my x34 120hz to the LG 34GN850-B

·
Registered
771 Posts
NVIDIA HOTFIX includes G7 compatibility

if anyone has one. do test!

[G-Sync Compatible] Adds support for the Samsung 27" Odyssey G7 gaming monitor

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5046

(Sadly its only for the 27") so if anyone has a 32" would be good to test too

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Oh man, I've been out the loop for so long. I need to get in on the G-Sync action XD

·
LTSC for life crew
2,870 Posts
Prices are a little bit out of whack on this monitor at the moment. And the Samsung site linked to earlier says "We're sorry. We couldn't find any online sellers for this product."

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
My 32" flickers like crazy with g-sync enabled, even inside the 80-240Hz range.

I tried everything to fix it, from custom sync ranges, resolutions and refresh rates in CRU to the latest drivers and firmwares.

This is a dealbreaker for me.

·
Registered
771 Posts
When and where did you get yours?
what hardware do you have?
did you update firmware
did you add the hotfix

Mine is arriving tomorrow ( I am so hopefully they have better Q&A since the earlier batches) been waiting a month + now for this...

wish me luck. will report back

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
My 32" is here .. it came with 1004 firmware, update to 1005.2, using nvida hotfix drivers.

"flickering still happens" but really only ever on cut screens in games where the fps drops likely out of adaptive ranges.

ZERO dead pixels...

I came from a x34 (120hz) ips.

Net here based on my opinion... is that the G7 is a great upgrade for a TN panel user or those looking for 240hz for fps. My k/d has improved for sure... 2080ti at OC to 2145 doesn't push all 240hz ultra/high settings in most games... it will be interesting to see for next gen I am sure..

Colors are really saturated in comparison to my IPS.

Looks best in plain srgb monitor mode, and 8bit full driver settings. If you use 10bit and yxxr etc... color get kind of borked imho...

To @bluedevil 's point ... the low pixel count to screen size is super-super-super notable coming from an IPS.

Screen is very Sharp imho... less noticeable in games but for browsing or work spreadsheets, powerpoints etc. it's like an old led monitor at 1080 very sharp and you can see pixels on font. Cleartype was done and sharpness adjusted as best I can. Not a great if you doing this type of work from home...

I will likely play through the weekend and send back b/c of flicker along with other personal based issues.

Whle I am still torn here... I may pick up the LG 34GN850 as I think it's the best of both for my taste. ips/nano, a bit higher mhz. from my current monitor.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts