Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
64,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

With the migration of the site taking place around the end of August, I wanted to make some small suggestions that users can take advantage of in preparation for the migration. With all migrations, we hope that all goes well and without a hitch. However as we all know, nothing is perfect and things can sometimes get a little bumpy and your own preparations can help smooth things out. So here goes.....

User Awards

When we migrate the user awards will not show in your signature area initially. This is due to the fact that when we arrive on Xenforo, there is no system to accommodate the user awards. However, if you wish to save out your award images in your award area, you can then on a temporary basis show these as images in your signatures post migration. Not a perfect solution, but something you can do in order to still display your awards. We hope to have the new user award system in place as soon as possible, but this will come after the completion of the Rep system.

Reputation Counts

While the reputation database will be intact upon migration, I feel that taking note of your current rep count would be a good idea. Once the rep system is in place on the new platform and your rep count looks off, we can make a comparison between your noted number and the new number and make adjustments if required.

Marketplace Feedback Count

Like with the reputation, the current marketplace database will be ported over, but it is worth noting the counter number found in your post bit next to Marketplace Feedback. If this number looks off when the new systems comes into play, then we can look into it.

If you love your avatar and you do not have a backup already....Back it up ! Nobody likes losing their favorite avatar.

Profile Info

Nobody likes having to re-write profile information. Make a copy of your current information so you can simple paste it back into place post migration.

Rig Builder

The database for the current configured rigs will be ported over and restored once the new system is up and running. However if you feel inclined to do so, take a note of your inputted rig data and make and take a backup of your rig image.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That is it for now. If I think of more down the lined then I will update this list. As I say, we hope for a smooth migration with little to no user intervention.

All the best,
E

·
Rig Advisor
2,220 Posts
Ah :cool: Thanks E Going to utilize this post as my back-up

Jan 2007
1738 Posts
Rep:108 (81)
MPFB: 5 (100%)

CPU
i9 9900k @5.1GHz 1.34v