Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, "BOINCers gone bonkers!" is an event similar to the fold-a-thon for the [email protected] project; it is a 48-hour period, when everyone fires up every computer they have, and tries to earn as many credits as they possibly can. Starts on September 15th at 12PM EST. More information and sign-up thread is available here: http://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...e-bonkers.html

Secondly, we have 180 members on the team now. We are closing in on 200! Spread the word.

BOINCstats predicts NO teams will be overtaken in the next 7 days. We sit in the 80th position in the world. Not a bad spot for the time being, but I want to set a goal for us to accomplish. Let's show BOINCstats (and the world) that we are a dominating team and lets push to overtake some teams by the end of the BOINCers gone bonkers event!

http://boincstats.com/stats/overtake...eam&id=1518783

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Wow, our average credit is better than every other team on that list!

Also, Gettting another gtx295 to add into the point generating sig rig I got
I hope it'll make a significant difference.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
On another note, would you gtx 480 users care to take a quick snapshot of CUDA-Z performance tab? Here is mine, trying to figure out how well a gtx295 fares in cuda performance compared to the fermi. Same cores, less mhz, ect ect. Gotta multiply my number x2 to compare though, since 2 GPU's are taking up one slot either way.
LL

·
Registered
657 Posts
We're very close to being in the top 20 on RAC, which is a massive achievement given that the team is still very young and some of the teams we are rubbing shoulders with are HUGE, well established teams that have been crunching for years now.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Our goal should be to overtake HardOCP

We'll need ~60 million for that though - but if I understand RAC and have calculated it properly, with our current RAC of ~3.5 million and their current RAC of ~0.7 million we can should do it in 25 days

Or have I calculated it wrong?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Ill say this... unlike other teams i think we have some heavy hitters!

Other teams probably fold with mom and dads dell...

OCN crunches with some of the top 10% comps out there...

I love it when i run a bench test and it tells me my comp is at a high level and that against other comps its top 20% or top 10% of comps that took said test...

Most on this team are putting up some huge numbers, running 24/7 at 95% to 100% capacity!... i know i am...

And that makes for giant numbers and a posse of peeps no one can stand against!!!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
True that man

Most of the top 10 OCN crunchers have RAC's over 100K - Gill is over 200K a day, and Blox is a crazy man doing almost 300K a day and doing over 7million a month

And then there are half of the top 20 doing a over 1 million credits a month, and a bunch of new guys this month that''l do over 500K a month - and a handful of the new members look like they'll do over 2 million every month

And Sparky looks like he will be able to take over tops spot from Gill in a few months if he can keep up his 350k a day

The road ahead for the OCN BOINC team looks great

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRyder View Post
my heavy hitting machines are like 99.97% unless the power goes out or something lol. or a site like dnetc goes down

Somebody said dnetc will be down for the BOINC crunch weekend? I'm not sure if that's valid or not, but I'd sure like to know before the big day. Hopefully my extra vid card will be here before then.

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
Server upgrades 14 -18 September
We have 5 new hdd from Jureko S.A.-Artur Obara. Therefore, in the days of a project may be temporarily or completely not available. After the upgrade project will secure better in case of failure of one of the drives. New hdd will be installed in a raid5 array.

Specification: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA2 7200rpm 32 MB HD103SJ 11 Sep 2010 13:04:17 UTC · Comment

there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts