Overclock.net banner

110381 - 110400 of 110472 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is relatively close to an AC vent, so that might be it. The load temperatures seem right though. I've used this GPU and block for 2 years plus, but the stable ambient temp and AC is new, so it's behaving a little differently. Thanks guys, I think being closer to the AC vent explains it.

It'd have to be sitting right on top of the vent and it pointing directly at the cpu core. Even then it shouldn't show that much of a difference while running. Are you looking at the cpu temp onboard sensor or a coolant thermocouple? If you are reading the temp from the cpu itself, there is something else wrong. Bad sensor or something like that. If you are reading the coolant temp at the block, then it is possible the a/c vent blowing on it could make a difference. If you are reading the coolant temp, that cold air being drawn through the radiator could account for the difference.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,131 Posts
It'd have to be sitting right on top of the vent and it pointing directly at the cpu core. Even then it shouldn't show that much of a difference while running. Are you looking at the cpu temp onboard sensor or a coolant thermocouple? If you are reading the temp from the cpu itself, there is something else wrong. Bad sensor or something like that. If you are reading the coolant temp at the block, then it is possible the a/c vent blowing on it could make a difference. If you are reading the coolant temp, that cold air being drawn through the radiator could account for the difference.
It's the GPU Core temperature reading.

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
Hi,
Q9550 on water lol
EK evo water block fit on 775 socket with a hyper 212 evo back plate and magnitude mounting screws were perfect thread and length for the 212 evo mount :)

Even picked up a cheap 980ti

Attachments

·
Rig Advisor
1,979 Posts
Hi,
Q9550 on water lol
EK evo water block fit on 775 socket with a hyper 212 evo back plate and magnitude mounting screws were perfect thread and length for the 212 evo mount :)

Even picked up a cheap 980ti
Love it, and I truly loved the 775 socket chips.

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
Love it, and I truly loved the 775 socket chips.
Hi,
Yeah I have a new found appreciation for ek supremacy evo lol can't believe it didn't need and mods to fit or is it just that old of a design :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear ya. I got some screws with little round nuts on some fans....love them. You can't mount all your fans that way, but the ones I can, I do. I used the 12 that came with the fans, but needed a few more. Not sure I could order the "exact" same ones.....so I just went to Lowe's, got some M4 30/35mm and the nuts. They work fine. Think it was less than 8.00 for 40 of them. I also picked up some small nylon spacers...like 1mm to keep vibration down. lol

As for fans.....I would have to build a box to figure CFM wouldn't I? I'm not that smart....lol I have prelim numbers in....will probably go back and re-test and maybe take the average of what I observe.

Here's what I have so far:

Fan Testing 2020
What about the noise generated when testing each fan?

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,031 Posts
What about the noise generated when testing each fan?
I could put a dB meter on my phone if I go through them again. I'm not sure how accurate that would be though. I can generalize and say, that most fans 1500rpm and lower aren't too loud. lol

Those high speed ones(Noctua/Evermax) are LOUD above 1500-2000rpm or so. :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Build I did almost 2 years ago, Havent posted it ever

Intel 6900k
1080 Strix
32GB 3200 Corsair LED White
Gigabyte x99 Designare EX V1
Lian Li 330W - I cut and drilled holes for this to work right xD

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
Rig Advisor
1,979 Posts
I can dig it, love the retro keyboard.

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
Hi,
Is that avocado green :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Black coolant testing made a mess for me... so back to distilled water.

That's exactly why I don't run colored coolant of any form. Last thing i need if there is a leak is stained carpet to top it all off. I stick with distilled for simplicity, cost and cleanup lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Finally have everything assembled. Just need to finish cleaning up the cable routing in the back (have some nice adhesive cable organizers) and of course blow all the dust out of it. I have the hole cut on the outside skin for the three inlets but am waiting on the rubber to go around the inside. Which is why it's not there lol The ducts will ensure that it draws fresh air instead of pulling warm air from inside of the case (path of least resistance). With the skin on it raises the inside temp quite a bit because of the power supply, motherboard, etc. Those ducts really make a difference. Oh, here's a good question...I also posted the same one in the cooling section of the forum. But I'd like to hear all of your opinions and why....

For a push/pull rad system, is it better to have it pulling air out of the case, or fresh air into the case? If you are pulling air out, it's helping to draw fresh cooler air in. But you are pulling pre-warmed air through the rad, making it harder to bring temps down in the coolant.

If you pull air from the outside, you are bringing in cooler air across the rad, but pre-heating the air inside the case and need a really good cross system in order to evacuate it so that it doesn't contribute to warming components.

Now as an engineer I've always been of the frame of mind that pulling cool air across the rad is more important (vehicle application). But after watching videos of people testing the airflow in the 011 dynamic box I set it up to pull air from inside the box across the rad. Because they claimed the air flowed better. But I'm thinking that I'm going to reverse the fans to my initial line of though. It's more important for the coolant to avoid as much saturation as possible and pre-warmed air passing through won't help. So what are your thoughts???

Attachments

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
Hi,
Well that's thinking outside the box :thumb:

110381 - 110400 of 110472 Posts