iPwn
1,176 Posts
Case Modding:

Upper rad box:

Lower Rad box with push/pull:

RGB:

also - so many rads they are bursting out of the case:

Also push /pull

23 fans in total - all running from motherboard fan headers.
Very nice sir. I was concerned for a sec people were going all out on just cpu loops. Good work!!

·
Lost in SoCal
869 Posts
Yeah it does! Are you going to go white light to fit the scheme of the fittings?

·
iPwn
1,176 Posts
My RGB hub is taking its time in shipping so no psu rgb or light strips on aura, but the blocks lights are on and I'm really loving the look. White fittings and sleeving pick up colors well. With the led strips and the panels back on they will blend in with any color.

This is what the case put back together looks like.

·
Lost in SoCal
869 Posts
Nice! And I hear you, I'm doing pale blue lighting on a white P3 with primarily black and white parts to cover the lack of white balance. Wish more LED controls get us the full colorwheel adjustment. Last build I had to settle on Razor green or pale blue, but those both look pretty good...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Bad pic, but latest version of my loop
Green Visual effect lighting Entertainment Display device Computer
Purple Entertainment Visual effect lighting Gas Computer

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL light tempered glass. Just moved my system into this case a couple of days ago and am loving it. Lots of room and temps are much better than in my BeQuiet Dark Base 700.
3700X
3080 FTW3
Up top is a Bykski 420mm rad. Front and bottom are 280mm Alphacool rads, one 30mm and one 45mm. Bykski flow meter and CPU block. Barrow GPU block and D5 pump inside an IceManCooler reservoir.
Enjoy

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL light tempered glass. Just moved my system into this case a couple of days ago and am loving it. Lots of room and temps are much better than in my BeQuiet Dark Base 700.
3700X
3080 FTW3
Up top is a Bykski 420mm rad. Front and bottom are 280mm Alphacool rads, one 30mm and one 45mm. Bykski flow meter and CPU block. Barrow GPU block and D5 pump inside an IceManCooler reservoir.
Enjoy View attachment 2515304 View attachment 2515305 View attachment 2515306
dude this is probably my favorite builds posted in these forums over the past couple of years!! it's sick! your bends and the the symmetry!! awesome job!

·
Registered
46 Posts
3700X
3080 FTW3
Enjoy
Does it mess with the fans to have a radiator only in front 2 of the 3 in the front?

·
Registered
297 Posts
dude this is probably my favorite builds posted in these forums over the past couple of years!! it's sick! your bends and the the symmetry!! awesome job!
oh man thank you for that. I came off a smaller case with ****ty airflow and now my coolant doesn't get past 33C. I did a lot of browsing for photos here and around the web trying to find some Meshify 2 XL loops. In the end it turned out great and I went thru like ten 50cm petg tubes, I'm glad I ordered 12. The struggle was getting the reservoir mounted so it would be parrallel with the length of the case, since it came with two brackets to mount to 120mm fans, I decided to put it on the back wall but the left and right side of the brackets were not in the same plane. The left side was a little further in so I had to find a way to get them to match, so I had some nylon washers I spray painted black, went to Homedepot and grabbed M4 screws 20mm and 25mm long and some black screw caps. I had M4 nuts and so I bolted it in place rather than using the stand-up mount which would make the whole thing wobbly when tilted. I used one of the cables rubber grommets to put a pass-through fitting in there and thats where the loop enters the basement. The return from the basement is just a female-female adapter into an elbow and then a straight up run which you can see comes through the floor to the front rad. I tried doing a single tube run off the reservoir and into the inline filter but I didn't like the bends since I needed two 90 degree bends right after another, or a 90 and an arc into the res. I realized if I did a 180 it would almost line up with the filter so I used a quad rotary I had laying around with a 30mm spacer and it turned out great.
I also took the dive at putting liquid metal on my CPU so hopefully nothing bad happens and it keeps the CPU under 56C while gaming.
Here are some pics of a couple of runs I tried prior to going with the 180 bend, as well as the basement runs prior to cable management.

Does it mess with the fans to have a radiator only in front 2 of the 3 in the front?
Not at all, I have the two front fans on the rad daisy chained to one port in the Quadro, the three at the top daisy chained to another port, the two bottom fans on a splitter to another port and the pump. The top front fan and the rear fan are connected to case fans on the motherboard and I haven't even set a profile on those. I'm using Arctic P14 pst fans in the top and front radiators, the fans that came with the case are at the bottom rad and the top front fan you asked about, and the rear fan is an Arctic Bionix F140.

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
iPwn
1,176 Posts
3700X
3080 FTW3
So good! I love this thread so much.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Tested out my 2 Aorus Xtreme 3090 blocks today, the temps are the same between them which is utterly bizarre to me lol. The Phanteks one has the flimsiest backplate in the world and while the EK one's fitment doesn't seem to work 100% right (does not overhang pcb like it seems it should) it is much bigger you'd think it might dissipate better but I guess not lol.

Didn't take any pictures of the EK one yet.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ive been happy with my STH10 with tons of rad space. But throughout the years, been getting old with lack of filters, front I/O options and well... looking bland.
So decided to move to an Elite 719. And im quite happy with the move. Higher load temp (compared to two 480's, 360 and 240) from the STH10, but it has filters, updated front I/O, still has 2.5/3.5 HDD space for my needs and better looking.

With load, temps are 71C - CPU, 42C - 2080s and 49C - 1080 with fans at 1350 RPMs with an ambient of 23 C.

STH10

Purple Violet Interior design Pink Drinkware Television set Computer monitor accessory Computer hardware Gas Entertainment

Elite 719

Personal computer Computer Electrical wiring Electricity Computer hardware Purple Electricity Electrical wiring Gas Audio equipment Purple Entertainment Violet Audio equipment Magenta

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
Lost in SoCal
869 Posts
Really nice! For things that don't need I/O speed, spinning rust will be the best for a long time (imho/ymmv). How are the filters? Like demciflex (really fine), or more open?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Really nice! For things that don't need I/O speed, spinning rust will be the best for a long time (imho/ymmv). How are the filters? Like demciflex (really fine), or more open?
Im tired of plugging stuff in the back of the case. So having an updated I/O (especially Type C) is nice.

Filters reminds me of a screen door. It filters the bigger stuff and in my case - cat dander. Having 3 cats, id rather have the filtering capability rather than balls to the walls rad support.

Getting the demciflex set for my STH10 w/ shipping, it cost half than what it cost me to get the Elite 719. So, new case it is.

·
Lost in SoCal
869 Posts
nice! I also have the cat / rad issue. So far I'm just keeping air around to blow it down every few days. :ROFLMAO:

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,794 Posts
3700X
3080 FTW3
The ray-traced effects are life-like. Just missing DLSS.

110941 - 110960 of 111140 Posts