Overclock.net banner
111001 - 111020 of 111113 Posts

·
Old dog, likes new tricks
2,600 Posts
How do you like those UpHere fans? My Riings are starting to get noisy...
Have you considered Fractal Design Primas? If you get the AL120s, PWM variant, they have good static pressure, and good sound characteristics. And the RGB is daisy chain, so you can run the lights off the motherboard without needing extra control boxes and software, outside of mobo RGB software of course. Just don't accidentally get the 3-pin non-PWM version, static pressure drops from 2.7mm/H20 down to 1.3 on those.

·
Lost in SoCal
862 Posts
Good to know (those are new to me), but they look like there would be a large amount of leakage around the round frame. It would be going on a pair of 3x 140 rads...

And, OOF that price...

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,606 Posts
How do you like those UpHere fans? My Riings are starting to get noisy...
The first sets I purchased a year (maybe two) are decent. They are not very loud and seem to do a good job. I am by no means a noise expert and my wife calls me deaf all the time.

Now the last set I purchased a few months back (the ones on the vertical rad), and those are extremely loud compared to the original batch.

·
Lost in SoCal
862 Posts
Yeah, that sounds about right. Great cheap fans quality level goes to heck when they get popular.

·
A lot lazier than before
1,348 Posts
Good to know (those are new to me), but they look like there would be a large amount of leakage around the round frame. It would be going on a pair of 3x 140 rads...

And, OOF that price...
I got a bunch of Phanteks PH-F140MP v2 fans for use with 2 x 420mm HWLabs radiators... so far I'm very pleased with their sound profile. I have pretty sensitive hearing and I can only start to here them around 800 or 850 RPM. I've been very pleased with them... after I get my case built and all the stuff mounted I'll give an update too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hardware:
-----------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5950X
ASUS ROG Crosshair Viii Dark Hero
Nvidia RTX 3900 FE
G.Skill 64 GB Trident Z Royal DDR4-3600MHz CL14-15-15-35
Seasonic TX-1000
Western Digital SN850 1TB
Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB
Crucial MX500 SSD 2TB
Western Digital 10TB WD100EMAZ
10 x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans

Audio:
DAC/AMP RME ADI-2 DAC
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition 250 Ohm

Watercooling:
TechN CPU waterblock
EKWB EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3090
1 x Watercool Heatkiller Rad 360-S
2 x Watercool Heatkiller Rad 360-L
Aquacomputer D5 Next pump
Aquacomputer High Flow Next
Aquacomputer Leakshield
Aquacomputer ULTITUBE D5 150 PRO reservoir
Aquacomputer DP Ultra water
Bykski fittings
Barrow and Bykski copper tubes

Automotive design Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Drum Membranophone Musical instrument Light Idiophone Automotive design Idiophone Computer hardware Electronic instrument Audio equipment Computer Computer cooling Personal computer Computer hardware Electric fan Automotive tire Tire Entertainment Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal computer Automotive exterior Gas Automotive lighting Automotive design Entertainment Font Motor vehicle Light Automotive lighting Lighting Automotive design Red Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Automotive lighting Automotive design Entertainment Automotive exterior Electronic instrument Product Entertainment Audio equipment Automotive lighting Gadget Automotive lighting Light Automotive design Entertainment Visual effect lighting Personal computer Computer Computer cooling Computer hardware Electrical wiring Automotive design Membranophone Automotive tire Electronic instrument Automotive lighting Membranophone Drum Idiophone Musical instrument Drumhead Liquid Automotive lighting Drinkware Barware Font Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Rectangle Font Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Red Entertainment Font Display device Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device Font Visual effect lighting Electronic signage Display device Signage

·
Registered
277 Posts
I currently have it disassembled, here is a pic of it. Have the pump res combo behind the motherboard tray.

View attachment 2518022

Going to test drive a 5900X, going to push the snot out of it. If this cooling system can handle a 600-700 watt 9980X it can handle a 5900X.
Wow, you will have to post your temps. I have 5900x, it takes some definite tuning as it will take all the power you can give it with power limits and all that

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,606 Posts
Wow, you will have to post your temps. I have 5900x, it takes some definite tuning as it will take all the power you can give it with power limits and all that
Will do, I am just waiting on the damn AM4 brackets so I can use the Heatkiller IV Pro block. I might get impatient and just put in the swiftech block I have in the closet since it has the AM4 brackets.

That is all I need to get this build going.

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,606 Posts
I just went ahead and installed the swiftech block and am not happy with the temp. With just XMP enabled (don't have time to tuned the memory at the moment, on X299 I had it at 4000 CL15-15-15) and PBO turned on during CB20 my cores settle at 4.450 all core giving me a 8700 score. CCD 0 is maxes out at 71 and ccd 1 74. Going to tweak further, going to see how far I can push the cores with a manual oc at 1.35 vcore.

·
Lost in SoCal
862 Posts
I like having some window to see the coolant / bubble situation, but that's beautiful!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just finished my Desk PC build . I cut out the front panel to install 8x 120mm fan +added Demciflex filters ( by default it was restrictive mesh panel and only 6x120mm fan)
For now only one 360*30 x-flow rad for CPU ,but water temps are alarming ( Idle 34C in 29C room , and 45C water in game ) . The reason is : VGA(3080) dumping 340W heat and the radiator fans are working with hot air. I ordered now a second rad to the other side , where it can draw fresh air from the front fans . VGA block and 2nd pump is a fortune, so i will water the card in a half year .

Automotive design Interior design Table Gadget Flooring Furniture Table Personal computer Wood Audio equipment

·
Not New to Overclock.net
5,379 Posts
111001 - 111020 of 111113 Posts