Overclock.net banner
111281 - 111300 of 111559 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just completed my Intel build with 12900K, 1st time using hard tubing... Took a while to do the measurements/planning but it turns out great. Much better than I expected. Now I got both an Intel and AMD build lol.

Brown Wood Rectangle Font Pattern
Musical instrument Home theater system Electronic instrument Audio equipment Public address system
Wood Gas Computer hardware Hardwood Machine
Product Computer Computer hardware Electrical wiring Gas

Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Electric blue Electronic device
Computer cooling Blue Automotive design CPU Computer hardware
Computer Computer cooling Electrical wiring Computer hardware Personal computer
Product Computer Computer cooling Electrical wiring Computer hardware

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm using a 360PE and 280CE for my 12700k and 980ti(i know) at 1450/2800 and temps are fine, i considered the third rad, but don't think its necessary.

• Rep+
Reactions: sharyn

·
Twin Turbski
1,427 Posts
Crazy that a block as old as that is still top tier. What's it, 7 years old?
Yeah, something like that. I'm not sure exactly how long ago this particular generation was updated but it's been quite a while. Only thing I don't like about this waterblock is how restrictive it is.

·
WaterCooler
4,885 Posts
Agreed, I gave up and grabbed a corsair since everything that can beat it is super restricted.
What's your setup like? A single block shouldn't be restricting it enough that your pump shouldn't be able to overcome at the correct settings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
finally sorted the 24 atx and 8 PCIe cables. looks better.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Light Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you think vibration on pump/res and tubing can cause problems ? Fittings/tubings become loose over time .
Here you can see the moving tubing : YT (Did not film the res ,my phone cant really show the phenomenon well enough)

·
Rig Advisor
4,315 Posts
Do you think vibration on pump/res and tubing can cause problems ? Fittings/tubings become loose over time .
Here you can see the moving tubing : YT (Did not film the res ,my phone cant really show the phenomenon well enough)
I really hope that is just the flow causing the tubing to move like that. It is not normal for a pump to cause that if it is indeed the source. But no, the fittings should not come undone if secured right in the first place.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well , its an external Radiator setup , placed on a cheap IKEA shelf /rack .Thats the reason why its vibrating. I did not connect it to my PC yet ,just leak testing . 2 pumps (VPP755) on speed 2 / speed 3 . The flow might be still too high for 3radiator . When i connect it to the PC where there is obviously CPU + VGA block it will reduce the flow a bit (but only a bit since there is a 3. pump in the PC )

Spoiler :
Automotive tire Gas Machine Electrical wiring Audio receiver

·
Rig Advisor
4,315 Posts
Well , its an external Radiator setup , placed on a cheap IKEA shelf /rack .Thats the reason why its vibrating. I did not connect it to my PC yet ,just leak testing . 2 pumps (VPP755) on speed 2 / speed 3 . The flow might be still too high for 3radiator . When i connect it to the PC where there is obviously CPU + VGA block it will reduce the flow a bit (but only a bit since there is a 3. pump in the PC )

Spoiler :
View attachment 2544722
Yea that's 3240mm of rad space, more than anybody needs. Why would you waste your money on all that? And then buy a POS Ikea shelving unit. I swear people make no sense. Tell me you have all that because you are running quad NVlink 3090's with a 64 Core Threadripper.

On a side note, you might give @J7SC an erection.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yea that's 3240mm of rad space, more than anybody needs. Why would you waste your money on all that? And then buy a POS Ikea shelving unit. I swear people make no sense. Tell me you have all that because you are running quad NVlink 3090's with a 64 Core Threadripper.

To be honest it costed less than a single Mo-Ra3+a feet . I already had the pumps for years . Bought 2 x1080 rad second hand for 100$ and one brand new for 100 :ROFLMAO: But thx for ur honesty .

·
Invalid Media
6,480 Posts

Haha, but no, not female-looking enough

Re. the posted vid, the vibrations of the tubes can happen when there's a lot of restriction in the loop and there's some air in the loop / rads that compresses / expands.

Also, why stop at only quad 3090s and 64 cores ?
Light Product Azure Font Line

·
Twin Turbski
1,427 Posts
Agreed, I gave up and grabbed a corsair since everything that can beat it is super restricted.
Toying with the notion of removing the 90* fitting from within the water block itself. Seen here:
Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Rectangle Amber Automotive exterior

I know a majority of the restriction is probably more due to the very fine CNC cut micro channels in the copper itself, but I can experiment with those as well by removing part of the rubber gasket that forces all water through that very small area.

White Automotive exterior Line Wood Rectangle

Here is the right angle restriction if looking from the "bottom plate" through the restriction (looking up at the top plate) and said 90* turn, you can see the restriction is very pronounced from this point of view.

Human body Sleeve Rectangle Font Wood

111281 - 111300 of 111559 Posts