Overclock.net banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I um, build tractor puller turbos/injection pumps :( no joke. You all just had to rub salt in the wounds lol.

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
I um, build tractor puller turbos/injection pumps :( no joke. You all just had to rub salt in the wounds lol.
Don't feel bad. At least you didn't get it like JPM did me one month with this.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
for next month:

·
Water-cooler
1,684 Posts
I don't know if two cards are going to be enough for next time lol. Where are these cheap 2080ti I was hearing about? lol

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
Yeah, had one guy looking to sell his Titan V to get a 3090. was asking $1800. I told him I bought 2 used last summer (2019) for $1500 each... he's trying his luck on eBay I think. Lol
some folks just don't get the depreciation of this stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
The fight to the end was a complete bloodbath and I will be recovering for years. Barely survived ducriders onslaught. Apparently I need to upgrade. I shall be ready next time.
Well I did not add anything to my normal folding army.Trust me I Will step up my game by next month.It's about time to sell of some of this old hardware and upgrade a bit.Game on for next month.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Got started a bit late this time around, but happy with where I finished. Feel like my ability to compete is going to go away soon with people picking up these 3090's...

·
Professional Lurker
1,138 Posts
I got started a little late, but I still managed to set a new personal record (11.6M). That new CUDA core 22 definitely helped.

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
I got started a little late, but I still managed to set a new personal record (11.6M). That new CUDA core 22 definitely helped.
^^ That is what this is about!

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
Got started a bit late this time around, but happy with where I finished. Feel like my ability to compete is going to go away soon with people picking up these 3090's...
Don't you dare say that. I can't have MY Arch enemy having doubts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well I did not add anything to my normal folding army.Trust me I Will step up my game by next month.It's about time to sell of some of this old hardware and upgrade a bit.Game on for next month.
I'll start slowly buying up all these cheap 1080ti's solely for this purpose lol. Course 2 prolly still won't beat 1 3080 and prolly cost the same. But I'm all about strength in numbers over quality hahaha

·
I <3 narcissists
6,487 Posts
The cheap 2080ti's disappeared when everyone realized that the 30 series was vapor! I am hoping that the 3070's can deliver 2080ti folding performance for $500/220watts/2 slots.

I really don't need a gaming performance improvement so I think I am going to buy cards for folding fun this time and save the gaming upgrade for the next generation.

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
The cheap 2080ti's disappeared when everyone realized that the 30 series was vapor! I am hoping that the 3070's can deliver 2080ti folding performance for $500/220watts/2 slots.

I really don't need a gaming performance improvement so I think I am going to buy cards for folding fun this time and save the gaming upgrade for the next generation.
I think that is a fair assumption given Nbrocks 3090 performance this FaT. Though I imagine they will be hard to come by as well.

·
I can count to potato
763 Posts
I'll start slowly buying up all these cheap 1080ti's solely for this purpose lol. Course 2 prolly still won't beat 1 3080 and prolly cost the same. But I'm all about strength in numbers over quality hahaha
1080ti's put up a good fight and have been getting pretty cheap. EVGA b-stock refurbs are down to $280 on their midweek madness events now. Granted you have to to lightning quick to snag one.

I'd also keep an eye out for deals on used Turing cards. 2060 and 2070's put out a good amount of PPD while drawing a lot less power than the flagship cards.

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
Side note, when the badges DO come back. What month ends the year long Folding war for 2020?

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wheres it at lol

·
Rig Advisor
2,357 Posts
Wheres it at lol
Currently nuked by the migration. Definitely follow the thread.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts