Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been a fan of this site for a long time, and I want to thank everyone for the support this site provides to amateurs like myself.

I have a gaming rig I built a few years ago, and I spent what was (for me) a lot of money to go get a decent machine together. I am interested in getting an Oculus, VR has always sounded really awesome, but at a $600 price point I am a little unsure with how my build will perform. I'll lay out the specs below, but I would like to add that I normally game in 1080p, but my rig sometimes seems to have issues running some games smoothly and I'm not sure if I should be expecting these kind of slowdowns. I tried playing Saints Row 4 the other day, and the cutscenes were hitting far below what I was expecting, 20 to 30 fps. And I'm relatively certain they were rendered realtime. The new Wolfenstein played just a little choppy, and Metal Gear Solid V ran actually suprisingly well.

I'm no expert by any means, but I feel like I should be able to run pretty much any game in 1080p at 60fps solidly with these specs, right? And what should I expect if I plan to buy an oculus and render twice as many frames?

Anyway, here are my specs.

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 650W ATX12V/EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

TWO crossfire'd SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 with boost, clocking around 925 mhz, reference says 1250 effective memory clock

An Intel Core i5-3570K, overclocked I believe to about 4.2 GHz

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB), 1866 MHz

MSI Z77A-GD65 gaming edition

Cooler Master HAF 922 case

Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 2.5" 180GB ssd as my main drive

I run win 10 right now, but I still have seven installed somewhere if that would be a performance booster. I also have an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 laying around unused. Which...may? be better than what I am running...?

Anyway, do y'all think I have a bottleneck here? I would really like to game at 60fps on the Oculus (60fps x 2). Thanks for your input everyone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts