Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to upgrade my ram to 1 gig, what set of sticks do you guys think i should get, and why? also will it help me overclock?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
read the reviews of those rams
384 of mostly 5egg reviews
and it has 2-3-2-5 timings on a 2gig kit

the pc4200 and 4400 kits have timings like 3-4-4-8 ,right around there
maybe 2.5-3-3-7 at best

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
gskill extreme HZ 2gig set is awesome ram! and its ddr500.... great rom known to go over 600mhz!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Ha, if you can pump the voltage into these babies. They will smoke most ddr500 dual channel ram sticks. Here the G Skill bubas

Hope this helps,

Josh

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by josh13

Ha, if you can pump the voltage into these babies. They will smoke most ddr500 dual channel ram sticks. Here the G Skill bubas

Hope this helps,

Josh

well im sure that stuff screams...but i dont think he can pump more than 3-3.3 volts into it... so hes restricted by voltage settings leaving him with the gskill extremes or the ocz platinums...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you guys won't go with the 4400 ocz? the reason i have been interested in it is because i read a couple reviews were they claimed it to be the fastes memory they had tested, also the life time guarantee is good up to 3.0v

it's also ddr533

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i cant seem to find any ocz pc4400... wanna send me a link and ill let ya know what i think...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinhead-227

Wow. I think I just spotted my next upgrade!!!

sounds like you dont pay much attention to these ram question threads...lol but yeah its great ram... id get some if i had the $$

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

sounds like you dont pay much attention to these ram question threads...lol but yeah its great ram... id get some if i had the $$

Na, I didn't really even consider going from 1 gig to 2 gigs. I still probably won't for a while, but at least now I have an idea!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

Umm...where did you see that??

aww man... ive seen so many posts on here about people breaking 300fsb with it...lol ill TRY and find some posts but i doubt i will... but ill try for some proof

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofAragon

sorry dude, try ocz technologies. com, i had to find it again please tell me what you think

well i have looked on the site and they dont have ANY pc4400... i would say tget the ocz platinum ddr500, or the gskill ddr500 that i linked... they are both great kits and will give you plenty more room for OCin...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry about that dude look at the title on this post 4200 ocz that runs at 533 i confused it with the 4400 corsair. whats your opinion on the ocz 4200?

lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its ocz 4200 platinum ddr533. go to ocz technology.com, look in high performance, then platinum. also i googled ocz 4200 platinum reviews and found a couple sites that tested it. check it out tell me what you think . the hard part is finding a place to buy it. thats if its worth it.

is this ocz 4200 platinum ddr533 a good memory upgrade ? or would a set of high performance 3200 be my best bet? if the anwser to the first ? is yes were can i buy it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts