Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this memory up used. I get random blue screens, some of them memory management . I was looking at the part number and noticed its this memory.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...um_amd_edition

I believe that it doesn't make a difference and that it should run 1260mhz on my board. It doesn't. So should this memory run on my board?
LL

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
That kit should be able to run 7-7-7-21 - 1333mhz at 1.65v. So first of all make sure that the memory voltage is set correctly, and then check in Cpu-z's memory tab what timings they are currently at.

Also run memtest+ v4.0 to check if it's really the memory.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
That kit should be able to run 7-7-7-21 - 1333mhz at 1.65v. So first of all make sure that the memory voltage is set correctly, and then check in Cpu-z's memory tab what timings they are currently at.

Also run memtest+ v4.0 to check if it's really the memory.
It doesnt. I just wanted to verify that it should run on this board. I traded some DDR2 for it thinking I could use it when I get another ddr3 board. I guess I will have to rma it.

I just bought this memory from Newegg.
http://www.mushkin.com/Memory/Blackl...elated_support
This board wont run it at 1600mhz with advertised timings. But it will run it slower.Maybe something isn't right with the board.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Yeah well DDR3 doesn't work very well with P45, DDR2 works much better with overclocking and all on a P45 board. DDR3 is meant for AM3/1156/1366.

But at least you can safely try a higher voltage, so you could try raising the memory voltage to 1.7v and see if it's stable then.

• Rep+
Reactions: BIGGUN

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
Yeah well DDR3 doesn't work very well with P45, DDR2 works much better with overclocking and all on a P45 board. DDR3 is meant for AM3/1156/1366.

But at least you can safely try a higher voltage, so you could try raising the memory voltage to 1.7v and see if it's stable then.
Figured someone would say that. I plan to move on from 775 soon anyway.
Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts