Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that buying a the ocz powerstream helps the whole droop thing with the asus boards vcore flucuating(not experienced enough to do the mod). Just wondering if anyone knows how to achieve this or have had experience with this. Im assuming you would be using the adjustable voltage rails? Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
Actually, I think the only real solution to the vcore droop is the vmod, but a good PSU certainly helps

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
mine duesnt flux at all, but i do have a droop on my board too. i hate that alot of never boards have it...it pisses me off. as long as its not fluctuating your ok on oc and everything

·
Registered
840 Posts
This is actually more on the pga478 package I think. I haven't heard of any LGA775 or AMD mobos drooping... some abit and asus boards are notorious for drooping though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack

This is actually more on the pga478 package I think. I haven't heard of any LGA775 or AMD mobos drooping... some abit and asus boards are notorious for drooping though.

my P4 3.0 LGA droops too, about +/-0.05v. But within bios, it's quite stable

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm talking 1.41-1.38v droop. That's what I have now, but I own a crappy 300w psu, so that may be why too..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

When I got my power stream I hoped that it would help my droop, but it didnt. It does supply a good steady power and the rail adjustments are great, my rails never fall below specs.
I really think you are going to need the droop mod to solve your problem.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
but even if it droops, just if u always fold on load, it should stay about the same. but if it always changes alot, then thats not good and u should do the droop mod because that all u can do. i just wish my mobo didnt do that...lol but hey...at least i get a good oc

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got my cpu up to 3.0 last night. The powerstream seemed to help the flucuating a little bit but i didnt turn up the 12v rail at all. Passed prime95 with no problem so ill probably up it some more tonite. Thanks for the input guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts