Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this on an impulse as it was for $60 from none other than, you guessed it - www.svc.com . Anyways, against better judgment and for lack of research on my part I have a leery feeling about using it for my build.

Question now is, will I regret it?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
I have an OCZ GameXStream 700w that I bought from the Egg, and I couldn't be happier. I have had no issues with it, and I've probably had it for almost a year if not longer. (Can't actually remember when I bought it, and don't feel like digging through my receipts folder
)

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
I am busy looking to get the 850. It sounds great, 80+% efficiency and 850 W of goodness. If you don't want ill take it, lol. just joking. i think that they are very good PSU's especially for that price.

·
Registered
414 Posts
OCZ aren't in the business of producing rubbish. I have found mine to be very reliable. Sure there are better PSU's around (Corsair) but I don't feel you can get much better quality in the price range that the OCZ units are in.

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
OOh, thats a nice site, im prob gonna get the 1010W OCZ. oooh.that should have me set for a good while, was gonna pay double that price for the 850.

Quote:
Sure there are better PSU's around (Corsair) but I don't feel you can get much better quality in the price range that the OCZ units are in.
Could not agree more, BTW i prefer OCZ as a brand over Corsair.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
It's okay. It's an FSP Epsilon unit, that really doesn't scale well with higher wattages, having serious ripple issues at around 700W and above.

Treat the 850W like a 700W and you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have been using OCZ psu's for a while. Never had a problem with them. In fact, I just got the 780w ModXsteme from SVC and I love it.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
I love when people say that they love a power supply... they couldn't tell the difference between an amazing power supply and an average power supply in their apart from fan noise, aesthetics and maybe heat output...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I told my friend about that deal, he bought the PSU, worked fine for him and seems to be alright, being a refurb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts