Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need help here, I just bought another gig of identical ram so now I have 4 sticks of 512 running and here is my question,

I am thinking that these 4 sticks don't oc very well as my BF2 keeps crashing to desktop when I play. I know that 2 sticks on my mobo default at 200ddr and that 4 sticks default at 166ddr. I am working a deal right now to trade my 4 sticks of premier series for 2 sticks(2048) of value series OCZ, what is everyone's thoughts? Will the 2 sticks of value series get my oc on my cpu back up to 2.6GHz+?

I will be anxiously awaiting replies.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
im guessing if your sticks are default at 166mhz, tehir pc2700, 200mhz is pc3200. try to up the voltages in your bios a little bit, if its trying to run 166mhz memory @ 200mhz it needs more power

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no they are pc3200 it is my mobo that defaults to 166 when all 4 slots are filled with double sided ram, that is why I need someone familiar with my setup to answer my question.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry guys my specs are wrong and I didn't realize it, it should say 4x512 ocz

I will change it now.

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
In order to run 4 sticks of memory in one motherboard, you have to put them in 2T command rate. (Aside to the DFI RDX200, but that is only up to about DDR410.)
Also, dual channel can and will run at 1T, but 4 sticks, dual channel or not, must run at 2T.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ram won't run stable set on 1t no matter if I am running 2 or 4 sticks. Here is a pic of my possible ram settings, I think the only thing I can do is get rid of the 4 sticks and pick up 2 1gig sticks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts