Overclock.net banner

OCZ memory question

472 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Blade 
#1 ·
Hey I need help here, I just bought another gig of identical ram so now I have 4 sticks of 512 running and here is my question,

I am thinking that these 4 sticks don't oc very well as my BF2 keeps crashing to desktop when I play. I know that 2 sticks on my mobo default at 200ddr and that 4 sticks default at 166ddr. I am working a deal right now to trade my 4 sticks of premier series for 2 sticks(2048) of value series OCZ, what is everyone's thoughts? Will the 2 sticks of value series get my oc on my cpu back up to 2.6GHz+?

I will be anxiously awaiting replies.

#2 ·
im guessing if your sticks are default at 166mhz, tehir pc2700, 200mhz is pc3200. try to up the voltages in your bios a little bit, if its trying to run 166mhz memory @ 200mhz it needs more power

#7 ·
In order to run 4 sticks of memory in one motherboard, you have to put them in 2T command rate. (Aside to the DFI RDX200, but that is only up to about DDR410.)
Also, dual channel can and will run at 1T, but 4 sticks, dual channel or not, must run at 2T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.