Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody come across the OCZ phase system yet, it is supposed to be due out shortly (maybe) but due to me being in Australia it could and sometimes can take a bit longer. Apparently as per my reading the prices are going to be pretty good which of course will bring the entire idea of phase change to the masses if so. Currently you need over 1000$ AUS to even think about going the phase kit way. Does anybody know where these kits being built. If they are getting built in mass manufacturing contries like China then I can expect it to be pretty well priced. These are the current prices here for kits. http://www.pccasegear.com.au/category213_1.htm If it is well priced I could be persuaded to not continue building my own phase sysem and just buy one ready to go.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peroxide

So their marketing team is hoping for $200 per unit eh?

That's simply amazing.

Looks that way, seems to be a pretty good deal, I cant see why not really, when you mass produce something it costs little to make. I dont know why the other brands are so expensive when they claim they are the biggest mass production of their kind. Maybe they are just ripping us off cause they can. But in reality how many people around have got the phase change cooling set-up, worldwide would their be thousands or not? So what is mass production then, if they need to sell a certain amount then what is the certain amount. On this forum there would only be a bunch of people running it. So out of the amount of members on overclock.net and the amount running this extreme cooling the percentage would be very low. I hope their marketing team has got their stuff together cause this would be very good for the overclocking community worldwide. Im not going to get excited yet but them just saying that it will be cheap tells me they are shooting themselves in the foot. Why buy it when it comes out for it could be a third of the price cheaper soon enough which won't happen cause everybody is waiting. To me that is bad marketing, you dont leak that information ever.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
hey ill pay 350 for it.. hell ill pay 400 for it lol itll do what i want it to for cheap. The article said they skimped on some features, such as a sealed unit so you cant chage the refrigerant. But im sure if you went to your local HVAC repair man he could modify it to accept anything you want
i am SOOOOOOO getting one lol then ill get this thing to 3.4ghz right Crash

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist

The end of march

Crash you buy me one and I will buy you one. That way the significant others cant complain

For those that dont know. Our birthdays are the end of march

Hey... That makes perfect sense
Honey it was a gift

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
It seems like the OCZ Phase has sort of disapeared.... Maybe OCZ realized they couldn't sell it for $300...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope they release it soon - I need to see how far I can get my CPU to go. I think they demonstrated it at 3400 MHz, I really wouldn't mind that at all

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerz

I hope they release it soon - I need to see how far I can get my CPU to go. I think they demonstrated it at 3400 MHz, I really wouldn't mind that at all

The ran a FX60 at like 3.4Ghz with -10C load....

·
Registered
964 Posts
omg i sooo cant wait for this to come out, and i was thinking of spending £250 POUNDS on watercooling, clever me saw the the potential of buying a phase change cheaper
seriously someone must have an idea when we will be seeing these released to the public
.....I WANT ONE NOW

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure about them not being able to get it out cheap. If it is made in places like China then it would be no worries. The amount of chep power tools- pumps-generators and the like that are coming from the Asian Industry is quite astounding. If it was made in say Australia then it would cost more because of our unions and way of life and pay expected. Even OZ compared to US is very different in the way we get paid. For example in OZ you don't "tip" often and will always get paid a minimum wage which you can live off no worries in most cases. Hence the bigger cost of production here. If it is made and the parts used are from these mass production countries then it is possible to get anything out very cheap.

·
Registered
964 Posts
still no word of this phase change? i been doing some research but i think they just got bored and gave up
but hopefully someone here can enlighten me and tell me its out tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
i heard that the Cyro-Z broke during shipping because of the pressure in the air or something.. not sure, but does any1 know the SKTS that it will be capatable with?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts