Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There hasn't been much information out about this OCZ Cyro-Z phase changer. Anyone have some details?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the same stuff I have seen on it... But I haven't seen anything about perfermance, cases that it will work with, release date, ect.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
in the article it said that a OCZ employee (ocz tony) had been using one for a while running a FX-57 @ 3.4-3.5 at -11 load. For 350 bux ill try it itll be better than water and just as much

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
here
Quote:

Although the OCZ Cryo-Z uses a compressor that has a label that says R134a that is not the case. OCZ didn't want to comment on exactly what coolant is used but did mention that they picked the best price versus performance coolant for what they wanted. We spoke with Tony (Big Toe) from OCZ who has had one for a lenghty period of time and he was seeing -22C at idle on an AMD FX-57 overclocked to 3.3GHz and around -10C under load. If these numbers are correct the Cryo-Z is inline with other more expensive phase change coolers on the market.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I remember OCZ saying it will be launch with an MSRP of $299 and they're looking to slash that price to $199 by the end of the year! If thats true and if that OCZ Tony thing is also true that should be quite an amazing deal considering most custom W/C (only CPU) loops cost at least $200 and over $300 (and last I heard water couldn't keep a 3.4GHz AMD at -11c load
)

EDIT/// Also Chilly1 supposedly helped them design the evap head and other components so you know its gonna be AT LEAST decent and probably pretty darn good.

·
Banned
218 Posts
wow if you guys really think about this, this is going to change overclocking forever, maybe even make water cooling a thing of the past. I mean $300 thats nothing if you have a job. thats like 65 hours at a minimum wage job ($5.25 minus taxes and the money that goes to that man named FICA)

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foxracing4500

wow if you guys really think about this, this is going to change overclocking forever, maybe even make water cooling a thing of the past. I mean $300 thats nothing if you have a job. thats like 65 hours at a minimum wage job ($5.25 minus taxes and the money that goes to that man named FICA)

yup there will be no real need for water anymore. I know i will buy one of these as soon as they come out. i really cant wait

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I think the big thing that will scare off/prevent a lot of sales is that dylectic grease crap you have to put on there. That takes some pretty advance knowledge of computers to do properly and the average overclocker isn't willing to break it. I know I'm not. If they could make that process a bit easier, Sales would be a lot higher

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3tard

I think the big thing that will scare off/prevent a lot of sales is that dylectic grease crap you have to put on there. That takes some pretty advance knowledge of computers to do properly and the average overclocker isn't willing to break it. I know I'm not. If they could make that process a bit easier, Sales would be a lot higher

unless they supply the instructions and a tube of grease and a can of silicone spray it will deter people for sure but in the end even if it is cheap and performs well it will still be vapour change and an extreme way of cooling your cpu for that little bit more grunt. We will al have to wait and see.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Compressors/phase run at 58% efficiency (max). A company has produced pelitiers that run around 65% effiency. I think that's where the future in cooling lies.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

yup there will be no real need for water anymore. I know i will buy one of these as soon as they come out. i really cant wait

You are wrong... Water will still be used for GFX, chipset cooling, harddrive, and memory cooling. Many people will still use water for their processor as they will not want to have two independent cooling systems.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if i was to use one of these for daily use what kind of upkeep am i looking at?

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetX

if i was to use one of these for daily use what kind of upkeep am i looking at?

um.......keep it plugged into the wall and there you go, just like having your refridgerator running for years on end. As long as your components are prepped for the cold usage you should be fine for a long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know how loud this would be? How loud are other phase change coolers?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts