Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry for replying to my own its kind of a bump.

I set the memory timings and volts to exactly what that review said they used and i fail memtest86 within minutes. how is it possible they got such different results? i mean really it does not make any sense to me that they ran less volts and much tighter timings. maybe theres wasnt memtest86 stable either? who knows... very strange though.

·
Banned
240 Posts
well, you might want to try upping your cpu voltage a bit. what are you at? i have the same cpu as you, and the p4p800 e deluxe MB and same case and fan as you do... i have 1gb of ddr500 and i just hit a wall a 3.8ghz. wont go any higher. if you cant tighten your timings, possibly try to adjust the frequency at which the memory runs. i have an option that lets me choose the mhz that i want my memory to run at. i set it at 400 and get the 1:1 ratio.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
hey what verion of platinum rev. 2 do you have? take them out and look on the sticker. there will be a revision number in the bottom right corner.
no revision or 1.0 is TCCD
1.1 is TCC5

if you have TCC5 that could explain as it is not as good an OC'er as TCCD

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they said v1.0 on them. im pretty sure all the new sticks now are 1.0 and are all using TCCD, OCZ used TCC5 for a bit but i think they are back to 100% TCCD

What speed is your ram at with what timmings and volts?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yeah they are using TCCD now... since Aug.

as long as you have revision 1.0 you've got TCCD.

you should be able to run about 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR500 w/ about 2.85v
if you are still having problems try a 2T command rate... my mobo won't run 1T

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright. i bet that reviewer at anandtech just didnt test as thuroughly as me because he just benchmarked it, no way he was stable at 2.5-3-3-5 at 250MHZ with 2.65 volts. no way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts