Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...h-120gb-Models

That is a year old, but at that time, at least some Agility models were better than the Vertexes. Apparently OCZ uses various brands of NAND chips in the Agility series, so it's kind of a luck of the draw deal. I also read that the Vertex series has better garbage collection, although I don't know whether that's true.

So, basically, there's no way to tell which is better. Maybe OCZ could give you some updated information about the differences, or you could do some in-depth Google searching. Or you could just accept the offer.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
I would go for it. The vertex line is ahead of the agility.

As above guy said , I also read that they use whatever nand they have for the agility's. So you may get lucky.

Tell them you want an agility 2.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
They should send you the same SSD or a better one. I am glad I did not buy any OCZ products.

I am a big fun of Corsair since once my 1GB stick died they sent me back 2GB set.

EDIT: I thought you bought Agility 2, not Agility. So, then, go for it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Quote:

I am a big fun of Corsair since once my 1GB stick died they sent me back 2GB set.

I wouldn't say OCZ have poor support either. In fact I'm currently waiting on a 2x2GB kit to replace my broken 2x1GB kit. Admittedly the 2GB kit is 1066 and my kit was 1150 but it's still an upgrade

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-IRL
View Post

I wouldn't say OCZ have poor support either. In fact I'm currently waiting on a 2x2GB kit to replace my broken 2x1GB kit. Admittedly the 2GB kit is 1066 and my kit was 1150 but it's still an upgrade

I misread the original post by the OP.
My bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts