Overclock.net banner

OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB vs. Crucial C300 128GB

1584 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  kckyle
I'm looking to buy an SSD....I just can't decide between a OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB and a Crucial C300 128GB for use in my P67 Sata III ports...

If you had to decide, which would you choose and why?

For a typical normal desktop/internet/gaming usage which of these is preferable?

Benchmarks, comparison, reviews between these two?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
The vertex 3 hands down. The Vertex 3 will load projects , game maps, and windows all faster than the C300. Now the C400 thats comming out might be a different story.
Depends on what you wanna spend. The vertex 3 right now seems to be about 100 dollars more than the c300
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krymore
View Post

The vertex 3 hands down. The Vertex 3 will load projects , game maps, and windows all faster than the C300. Now the C400 thats comming out might be a different story.

not really. the c300 has a higher random write than the vertex 3 120gb version, the 240gb is another story. the c400 actually has even worse random write than the c300. crucial kinda of traded random write/read for sequential write/read.

however in real world speed, as a user you would hardly notice the difference, maybe 1-2 seconds here and there? so go for whichever is cheapest.
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.