Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a review for this PSU?
I have been looking at all my normal haunts for reviews, but can't seem to find one. If anyone has seen one, please link it for me.

From the little info I have been able to gather, it seems that it shares the same specs as the Corsair HX1000, but with a 80+GOLD certification.
If this is the case, I am quite keen on this.

·
The Fabricat0r
5,933 Posts
It hasn't hit retail yet so don't expect a review any time soon. It's from Sirtec and should be pretty similar to what we see in the Hiper M1000 and the Tuniq Ripper: unspectacular, but nothing horrible. Those units use a tradition secondary layout, but to hit 80lpus gold you almost have to use DC-DC VRMs for the minor rails. I would suspect it will be a little different than those two models. I also have my doubts it is actually 80plus Gold. Many manufacturers (even the more reputable ones) use different methods to inflate their 80plus rating. 80plus only tests for efficiency and they do not ensure that the unit they are testing is identical to retail models. So I would bet that it is only 80plus Silver when reviewers actually get their hands on it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ... I was considering getting this one in place of the Corsair that I had planned. If however, it is similar to the 2 that you mentioned, then I might be better off sticking with the Corsair.

Thanks for your reply. Any idea when it will hit retail?
Rep'ed for your input.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks shinji2k. Can you link to sources for these release dates please (so I know where to go to find out instead of bugging you guys here all the time).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts